FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

Great!

10chars

Guys is the push to start function working for you?

1 Like

It works for everyone but you have to push the board little harder (depending on the time settings)

1 Like

Ah ok perfect. Thx! Although I don’t have any time widow for the push to start. It’s on or off only.

1 Like

you can see it in FOCBOX UI app if you have Unity

I see un the unity app but I don’t have any special setting, only on / off

ui

1 Like

Ahh! My bad, you just have to push it harder :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ok no problem. Fine for me :grin:

1 Like

Is there any way to make the push to start a little easier to activate? I find it hard to start to, the speed needed is a little to mutch thene prefered

3 Likes

I guess is firmware based. Maybe in the next update they can make it more sensible.

1 Like

I thought push to start was hard to activate, but give it two pushes and then wait, let the remote go to zero, and then give it some power, the board will start right up. If you keep pushing and pushing and have the remote past zero it can be frustrating.

2 Likes

The push to start is not firmware based. As the wheels roll the back emf in motors generates enough current to charge the bulk caps and turn on the mcu. If the top speed of your board is super high it will take a bit of speed to get there. For 10s it’s about 7 percent of Max speed sustained for 1-2 seconds.

6 Likes

I see there is a new firmware update. What to aspect from it? Thx

The ‘Beta Value for Motor Thermistor’ has been changed from 3380 to 4100. This number should calibrate the temp sensor so that the readings the Unity gets are correct.

The throttle start temp has now been set to 100 celsius and the throttle stop has been set to 170 celsius.

With these two settings combined the Raptor 2.1/Unity should start throttling the motors wayyyyy later then before. In my case it would just stop responding to throttle after 5 minutes of aggressive riding. I hope this solves it all.

If you follow the official guide please be aware that the 'Battery Current Max Regen will be set to -30. And I’m not sure the 10s4p 30q pack can handle that. But I’ll just go with the recommended settings.

Thanks for the info. I changed the min battery to what suits my battery pack :wink:

Hmmm, kinda weird.

When using the Windows Focbox_UI_1.1 and try to set the max allowed motor temp to a custom number the max is 135 C.

Same in the app

It’s not a bug. It just sets the min/Max to ± 35 of what is there.

1 Like

You probably already mentioned but are you planning to include an app to collect and share telemetry data through the nrf module? Because for the moment except metr, that I don’t have, I can not collect the unity performance.

So maybe a nice feature request would be to add two bars. One for start and one for stop.

1 Like