FOCBOX UNITY | Official

what is the safe ERPM limit for the FOCBOX Unity?

We’ve tested it to 130k erpm on the bench.

3 Likes

Hi, I was wondering. Are you thinking to incorporate an unity dedicated app to log rides and telemetry data in the future? Something also capable of sharing data like metr app does. Since the nrf module is already installed would be nice to have this additional but really handy feature. Maybe just another windows in the unity ui app. thx!

2 Likes

Did it pop at 130k?

1 Like

wow …ok thx.

Are you using 45-60 amps per motor?

Soon™

10char

2 Likes

No, just was max erpm with that motor.

2 Likes

I am using no amps per motor, as my battery isn’t even there yet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I am making skid steer 6 wheel drive vehicles on 36 V base for RC control. I have common rc receiver 1000 to 2000 Hz pwm output signal. Can i run the controllers ESCs separated ? for exsample : One ESC forward one ESC backward at the same time. Separatly triggered with 2 separate PWM Signals (Channels) from my rc receiver ?

so is it safe to run at around 60480 ERPM? 12s6p 154mm wheels 16/42 gearing,6374s 200kV, Li-ion. 30-35mph is fast enough I have hills but my evolve can handle any hill in my city so I’m sure this setup is good with hills. I’m concerned about going over the 60k ERPM i hear so much about. Another thing should we still follow the rule of lower kV when upping your voltage with the FOCBOX Unity?

1 Like

Here is one piece of feedback I have about the way this programming seems to be set up, and a question about it’s tune-ability.

When going from throttle to zero throttle, the transition is so fast I almost pitch off the front of the board. I noticed between the boosted v1 and v2 they smoothed that transition up a bit. Is that possible on this current 2.1 Unity setup? Can it be looked into?

4 Likes

Are you on a raptor or a diy? I’m running dual 6374’s 190kv and don’t have issues going from like 50kph to no acceleration with it trying to throw me off it’s pretty smooth here…

Raptor 2.1

On a gear reduced motor you’d be able to over power the motors on deceleration, so I’d imagine the non geared DD motors would give much more resistance at 1:1, so I think some coding is needed to smooth that out a bit.

The option exists when you run the tool on a PC.

1 Like

I am using hummie hubs and the unity and it is really smooth. Maybe it has to do with just the raptor

@drangboards Download this updated tool from here and update the latest firmware Then this issue will get fixed: https://enertionboards.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000774196-How-to-Update-the-Unity-for-a-Raptor-2-1-or-DIY-Board-VIA-Android-OR-Windows-PC

I have experienced this behavior on every single VESC based board I ever tried. On VESC 4.12, Focboxes, belt or hub. So I agree with you that must be a software thing. Boosted smooths this jerk effect and makes the ride much more user friendly, in my opinion.

Please report back if the new firmware really fixes the issue for you, like Carl said.

New FW doesn’t effect throttle response. The parameter you looking to tweak is called ramping time, if you download the full tool its under app settings -> ppm

3 Likes