FOCBOX UNITY | Official

Indeed the behaviour is still there from full throttle to 0 (not brake engaged) the transition is too strong. I compensate by slowing the throttle releasing, but would be nice if it gets smoother.

If you’re looking for a smoothed response turn these two values higher:

The compromise is your board becomes less responsive since it can no longer respond to throttle changes as quickly.

Focbox tool can be downloaded here

7 Likes

but how does it work for with the unity. You can set it with the app, but you can fine tune it using the vesc tool?

Use “Focbox tool” instead of “focbox ui”

ok is it the one on Enertion website?

1 Like

Yeah it should be in the git hub

1 Like

got it! Thx

Let us know if this work man :slight_smile: !

I was thinking to just raise the negative ramping time, that should be the one affecting from full throttle to 0. Is it right @Deodand?

Correct. Essentially it means it will take 0.1 seconds to go from max throttle input to 0 throttle input. If you were at say 25% throttle it would take 0.025 to go to 0 if set to 0.1 as is default.

1 Like

perfect thanks! Makes sense

Ok I updated the firmware. My settings are like 90 and 30 milliseconds, so maybe this is moved down from previous. I’ll ride it before needing to change anything, however maybe I’m not seeing things as they are because now the old focbox utility gives me this error when I connect to make the PPM changes.

1 Like

Yeah, You need new FOCBOX Utility to operate now Here: https://github.com/EnertionBoards/FOCBOX_UI/raw/FOCBOX_UI/windows_build/FOCBOX_TOOL_1.1.exe

My board has gotten way less powerful after the new firmware with the same settings. Why is that?

Did you properly set your battery cutoff settings?

Quick question guys, is it a 12mm dia hole for the switch?

Yes 12mm clearance hole, so a bit more than 12mm

1 Like

Thanks man, its the last thing i can do till she is here!

It’s default at 34 and 31v, 10s. It’s totally ridable but there is a big noticable difference, it doesn’t scare me like it used to😥

Check your thermal cutoff limits perhaps?