FOCBOX UNITY | Official

Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Hi carl! Im in the same situation can you help me too please! Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@epss4 Let’s do this, Download and install teamviewer on your Windows PC and let me know the Id and password (Personal Message me)

2 Likes

OMG this thing is a missile!

1 Like

Just wanna show people this, it is more than what has been recommended to me, but none the less It seems to brake very slowly at most speeds.

Can I go more on both? What about positive 60 negative 60?

Also I want a bit more acceleration. Stoked about this unity.

I’m sure it’s been asked, but is there hope for an iphone app?

2 Likes

Yes you can increase your max brake current to -60. I would go lower on the max regen brake current -15 regen brakes and -60 max brake current makes my motors skid. Increasing max regen current might not be healthy for your battery.

1 Like

Giving it a second thought, is your remote in R-Spec mode? Usually your settings must have both accel and braking plenty. In normal mode you get up to speed but accel and braking feels dull.

I have the nano x

Yeah, in which mode do you have it? Slow or R-Spec? The small switch on the backside.

R spec only

Okay, then rise your settings :rocket:

3 Likes

To infinity and beyond

2 Likes

I wouldn’t do 60 just yet maybe do 40 or 50 until you are used to the power.

@drangboards Maybe check to see if the Unity is seeing full input (-100 to +100) under your remote config when you apply the brakes and throttle. Wont matter what your setting your brake current at if your remote isn’t commanding enough brake.

1 Like

Sorry for being repetitive, but I was wondering…

If Unity has 14AWG phase wires, replacing the motors with 14AWG will cause no issues, in theory, right?

They are dual 6374 168kV SK3s that are going to be fed by a 12S6P 30Q battery (90-120A continuous).

As I am not willing to void the Unity warranty, I wonder if it’s even logical to fit 12AWG on the motors.

If you’re just doing the matching sizes for your own sake, why not just put a nylon wire sheath over it and call it a day?

Plus 14awg seems a little thin for a 12s6p

I am doing it because my original motor wires have at least 10cm of solder-fed solid copper at the connectors. I need to extend them anyways, and flexible wires are a bonus.

I mean the Unity has 14AWG phases, so they are too thin already…

Yeah thermally 14 will be fine. Obviously bigger is better for less losses since resistance of wire scales with length, but you really won’t lose much. Can just use an online calculator to compute resistance and compare to your total winding resistance to see how big of an impact it will have.

2 Likes

I’ve heard it two ways, can you brake without using regen by just reducing the regen value and the motor will short to slow down?