FOCBOX UNITY | Official

Look at the Freefly Arc 200’s if you want something different.

4 Likes

This is really all you need to read on the Unity tbh, Damon wrote so highly of it I was very suprised to read it :rofl:

2 Likes

Hard to contemplate new builds without it. Biggest problem is taming the throughput. EDIT and likewise the biggest commercial barrier — eight little letters— SOFTWARE

2 Likes

I just set up dual by using two receivers paired to a single gt2b.

1 Like

I’m hoping to use the unity on a mountain board so i’m wondering if it would handle that?

How is software a problem? It’s GPL

2 Likes

FOC is an amazing hardware technology for delivering Power. Now we need software technology to harness this for real riders. People on the forum are used to this but consumers are going to have problems. I would like to see the boards work like a drone where you control board speed not motor speed for example.

1 Like

Would this esc be suitable in a mouintan board. I’m running a 10s 5p 30q pack

1 Like

I’m not following at all. Are you trying to say that the user interface isn’t friendly enough for average consumers?

That’s less so a software problem and just more so a UI problem (while software all the same I don;t think in the pretext of what people actually say when they mean software). Nothing is being limited. The Opposite actually.

I mean people were using it’s predecessor in mountain boards so it stands to reason that this one, with acclaimed better heat dissipation, would fair better.

Short answer- Yes

Long answer- If you’re hoping to push everything to the max (max discharge of the battery, max amperage on the motors, etc (like some Etoxx or @Kug3lis MTB, then, Not really. But if youre gonna run things at a comfortable level like most people, then yeah it’ll serve you well

1 Like

I was planing on running dual max 6 esc’s but they don’t support sensors motors although they can handle anything you throw at it. Not having the sensors function could throw me off the board

1 Like

From what i know it’d be unlikely to throw you off the board without sensors, you’d just have an unpleasant startup unless you push. However, i do think that you’d lose out by not using a VESC variant of a ESC

1 Like

Not having sensor ed motors are just ganna give you a not pleasant start up

That’s also an issue because I would like to be strapped into my board and having to push so my motors don’t cog is going to be a problem

1 Like

Like i said, it wont be an issue if you go for any VESC, and realistically, the Unity will likely meet anything you throw at it, especially with proper cooling

You don’t have to push, you just have to give it more throttle

At first I tried to be cheap and went with a maytech vesc for 130 bucks but I somehow blew the Drv in a week😑 so I’m looking for something reliable but will meet my needs

1 Like

Understandable, But from what i’ve read no one’s been able to really kill the unity so far (aside from user error) So if you’re careful, dont short out the phases (or anything for that matter), the unity should serve you very well

I’m stuck in between buying 2 max 6 esc’s or the unity

If youre asking for a reccomendation Unity EDIT: If you want to ask more questions, PM me and we can discuss it!