FOCBOX UNITY | Official

Ok. I’m excited to try all the new features they added also

1 Like

How do I PM u

messaged you!

Not a huge fan of gt2b or any trigger remotes. I’d rather use my remote and have all the capabilities if having 2 Unities connected.

1 Like

If you havent resolved the original question Canbus with 5v connected between the two unities will work to let them turn on (and eventually off) together.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve found that out I need to wait for the firmware update so they can actually shut off together.

1 Like

I don’t have a mountain board but I do take my street board off road a bit with my 6shooter wheels. I originally used Focboxes and they work perfect and handle the 12s8p 30q cell perfectly fine. Now I have e Unity I’m just trying to work out 4wd right now lol

The unity is more capable than the regular Focbox and the Regular Focbox has been my go to ESC almost 2 years and they have been super reliable on 10 and 12s

I can’t recommend a Unity enough. Get one and you won’t regret it.

2 Likes

To each their own. For 4wd, you can bind most remotes to more than one receiver. You can also split ppm to two unity’s (just cut one of the red wires).

1 Like

The can bus works great and is easy to set up from the app. That is what I’d recommend, I’ve used it in a couple of my 4wd test setups.

Screenshot_20190118-092718

Just set the one with remote input to master and set the second one to slave in this drop-down menu.

3 Likes

Don’t want to hijack the thread but i added support for the unity firmware in my app and it would be nice if anybody can give it a try as i don’t have one myself. It’s in version 1.120 which should be available in a couple of minutes. It will only work with the master as i don’t have a solution yet to show the slave data bit would be nice to get a feedback if it works.

17 Likes

Oh thankyou. AMAZING. Will test this ASAP.

I have downloaded it will give it a go when I put my board back together today

Quick question. Do you connect to the focbox BLE or a module attached to the UART?

Any one had issues with break stuttering on the unity when slowing down?? Battery definitely not full… just got my build back on road and it goes great just breaks don’t feel really good

Don’t know if it will work with the build in. Don’t know what they used in detail. Just give it a try and let me know if it works.

What values are you running?

Standard from set up… 60amp to motors -30a braking

It’s all code! 98% of the work is in the sophisticated VESC software Benjamin coded. It’s a huge effort to code it and maintain the code base. The control loops work so smooth, I can let my 8 year old son ride my board. It’s all a matter of the settings. You can lower the amps, put more ramping time in, soften the brakes etc. A mode where you would dial the speed would make your board very aggressive. It would not know how much power it should use to ramp from speed A to speed B. Voltage controlled hobby ESCs work a bit like that. Hardly controllable… Imagine your car would have 500 hp and you would send the command to go from 50 to 70mph. How should it know to use a certain amount of power only? Also note that motor RPM and Speed are directly linked. It’s the same thing.

1 Like

Can the breaking issue be caused by phase wires in wrong order? Only difference to my first test runs is they were sensorless and I am now running sensors…