FOCBOX UNITY | Official

So the commonly used compact RC ones, thanks!

Anyone calculated what the max A continues per motor would be that 14awg motor cables can handle? Swap out the xt60 for xt90 and 3,5 to 5.5 is easy, but its abit more work to soldering new cables on the Unity.

All depends on your definition of “can handle”.

• Without melting solder?
  • Without burning silicone insulation of wires?
  • without dropping x voltage, or losing x power?
  • keeping cable under x temperature.
  • without vaporizing copper?
1 Like

https://www.powerstream.com/wire-fusing-currents.htm

1 Like
  • Without melting solder? Yes
  • Without burning silicone insulation of wires? Yes
  • without dropping x voltage, or losing x power? Without dropping noteable voltage or power
  • keeping cable under x temperature. Under the temperature without everything happening above
  • without vaporizing copper? Yes

So now define how much voltage/power you are willing to lose and how hot you are prepared to tolerate the outside of the cable getting. Then you can calculate an answer.

1 Like

Getting ready, plus I just found transparent heat shrink :yum: 15444322665571785253138185087284

More places to get a failure

2 Likes

Unity

4 Likes

The short answer is that the wiring is not gonna be the point of failure under any circumstances. The long answer is gonna be at least 100A continuous. i’ve done 250A on 6s through 14AWG wire for about 10 seconds with an xt60 and nothing got noticeably hot when i checked about 20 seconds after that because something else caught fire lol

1 Like

Did all the USA focbox’s get shipped out? My enertion account isn’t showing any updates. I ordered mine early September. @ksfacinelli

Wonder when they’ll ship out individual orders. Kinda sucks that they fulfilled the group-buy order first when I ordered it on the day of release. Gotta wait i guess :smiley:

4 Likes

@Jreamer and @nuttyjeff check your email. My focbox has shipped and it was single order and i got an email from kevin yet the enertion website has not been updated.

The Unity or the Focbox?

A unity 10 Char

Screenshot_20181210-111303_Chrome

Ayyyy, it was supposed to come tomorrow but now its coming today! I will post plenty of pics but I can’t use it because I don’t have a battery. :frowning:

1 Like

I ordered mine in September as well and the support chat on there website said mine is shipping next week. That was three days ago.

Also we’re talking about phase leads here, not DC power mains. There is no continuous current, its pulsed like AC.

I’ve been running 12awg wires on my motors for years now and i’m about to drop them to 16 awg to see what happens as well as shorten them. I have a feeling i won’t notice any difference at all except that now my sensor lead bundle is the fattest wire.

5 Likes

Mine was ordered in the middle of August and support also told me they wont be shipping until next week.

Easy tigresses, no one even wants this thing in December.

4 Likes