FOCBOX UNITY | Official

It will be more than that :slight_smile:, we need to stay ahead of everyone!

6 Likes

IF you want to stay ahead, make a conformal-coated FOCBOX-like thing that can handle 75V and without DRV83xx parts.

Combining parts together is worse because then if something fails, you’re triple-screwed. And single motor builds. And dual independent.

Higher voltages and modularity is the next way to stay ahead in this game.

5 Likes

@Deodand forgive the pertinent questioning but are you a shareholder in Enertion? For all that you have done for public relations and the seemingly single handed bringing to market of this beast you’ll want to be well rewarded!

14 Likes

I think there are tradeoffs with modularity. For the experienced builders especially there are some key benefits. But more independent components opens doors for the less experienced to make mistakes, wether that be in component selection or wiring. For example, selecting an anti-spark switch that can’t handle the capacitive/constant load of the motor driver, wiring a Can Bus/ppm incorrectly etc.

The unity offers a foolproof solution, it will be wired perfectly everytime. The synchronization of both motors now also offers the unique value of alternating the current spikes during on-time which doubles the effectiveness of the bulk capacitors. But we are experienced builders like you, so don’t worry you will be very happy with what we are developing.

@bigben I’d rather not discuss the financial details as some things are still being worked out, but in my experience Jason has done an awesome job treating me with respect and I feel I am being compensated fairly. We will continue making cool stuff together I think :smile:

8 Likes

Just don’t let him pay you in handy’s, I don’t care how low his vest top is cut.

9 Likes

I’d rather have all the money he spent on plane tickets to deliver those handy’s

6 Likes

Dude… Don’t handy block. You should know the rules by now. :wink:

Or… both… :slight_smile:

Yeah @brenternet don’t be a blocker bro!

1 Like

You can all calm down, I’m about to lose two nipples over here and I need to vent.

6 Likes

We’re taking bets at work on this.

1 Like

Ahh yeah the nipple eating. Lol

@brenternet how about instead of eating the nips get them pierced and we’ll call it even?

Oh no he’s not getting off that easy.

Eating of the nips was mentioned and I wanna see nips being eaten. :sob::joy:

I’m still amazed no one has coined the term Brent’s Uni-Titties so far…

4 Likes

It has been done @anorak234 can we get this as a nickname?

I’m really tempted to edit the HTML website to this. But I think some people on here won’t find it funny… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry @Deodand and @onloop. I think it’s a great product but I just couldn’t resist. :joy: PNG @brenternet

12 Likes

Uni-titties implies that one of them will be remaining.

So we’re half way to no nipple eating. Lawyered!

4 Likes

What’s the connector type on the motor wires? I’m unable to find this in the specs. My guess would be 4mm bullets, although I want to make sure I’ve got the right ones.

they are 3.5 mm