FOCBOX UNITY | Official

Those look like a professionally sellable product! Nicely done friend.

2 Likes

Hahaha thanks! I actually got the idea from @longhairedboy when he mentioned that 3.5mm female bullets fit perfectly into the back of 5.5 females. I thought whats the harm in seeing if it works female to male too :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I like the innovation of the unity but that color. I would have rather seen it the enertion blue nice cooling vibes not the fire orange.

1 Like

No joke the color of it alone made me redesign to a bottom mounted, fully enclosed system so the unity doesn’t contrast the beautiful black blue and purple starry night on my board.

1 Like

These babies arrived in Perth today, 21700 cells come Friday, just the Unity needed to have all the components for the build…for Christmas please Santa!

9 Likes

With that many boards u should get Unity last :thinking: Just joking :smiley:

5 Likes

@Adstars Adam, Roger, Mark, Matt… and Moone?

I might be coming to see you, if your Unity’s arrive before mine😉

Last one is Max

1 Like

Hello What about the Android app release ? Is it going to appear in the play store soon or is there a link to download it somewhere ?

has been answered already: finalising. WIll be dropped when first unities arrive. Will have basic functions until he has time to release more (due to testing if I recall correctly)

Oh lawd that box makes my nipples erect. When I immediately bin it after install I will say a short prayer.

7 Likes

I know thanks. As it’s being shipped, I am asking for an update about the app, not what I can read on the previous posts

Short prayer with a big impact on our environment. Really sad to see. Mobile phones mostly come in a 100% cardboard box these days. Today I ordered something from America and I could tick a button - Im happy with a used, recycled box. Clicked it straight away. Who needs a brand new box if it’s for the bin anyways. Paper is the rain forest killer no.1. Plastic as packaging material is a big no no if its not recycled material. A good product doesn’t need a glossed up box - you can ship it in a brown, recycled cardboard box.

3 Likes

shouldn’t goes both ways mister Frank

19 Likes

Exactly. I thought it was a cheap shot too.

1 Like

@onloop @CarlCollins @carl.1

Can we please kindly get the unity box dimensions so those of us handling group buys can begin prepping shipping materials? Thanks.

10 Likes

Sorry mate this not about a product but the stuff you wrap around it, which has no influence on how the product works or how good or bad it is. Packaging is stuff that is flown around the planet to end in the bin which is emptied into a landfill or into an incinerator. A product sits in foam, around it a cardboard box which is then boxed in another box because the nice, high value box should not get damaged.

The redistributor then puts the box into another box which is another box adding to the pile.This is a lot of material to move an item from A to B. It’s called a Russian doll packaging and has become a huge problem in the last years, especially with online distribution. Since most companies want the box to ad additional value to the product, many boxes are made from non recycled materials, gloss printed, bleached or tinted, use valuable materials or a mix of materials etc. Beside the fact that it’s not good for our environment to use precious materials for packaging, Russian doll packaging also means transporting unnecessary weight and air via plane.

If you design a small box that is actually suitable to ship the item, no second box or prayer is needed. Such a box can be made to 100% from recycling cardboard if designed clever enough. You stick the label on and that’s it. If you want to ad value to your product you can drop something of value into the box. Forgive me, I just hate to see one time use boxes that need to get boxed. You end up shipping triple the volume of the product itself and use triple the amount of packaging material needed. Millions of products are shipped every day…

14 Likes

Wow, okay… :laughing:

1 Like

That is a big talk from someone that as to trasfert parts from 7 factories, just to get one small wheel done… I just can’t really imagine the rest :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I hear he ships all vesc6’s in mason jars that the customer ships back to him for re-use.

14 Likes