Flipsky Dual FSESC 6.6 Discussion & Findings

From personal experience (which may or may not be same as yours) It should be fine. I was able top push 80 amp to motor with 12s lipo cell without the vesc skipping a beat. Snippet of the ride log image

1 Like

Hey @sofu , what firmware are you running on the dual 6.6?

I was running the default hw_no_limits but now I run ack.

1 Like

What goes for warranty, Flipsky offered a 60% off of the new 6.6 fsesc, for mine dual, that had a sudden short.

Is the voltage reading still fluctuating with Acks?

They offered to have 6.6. Sent back for repair in the only other broken I know

Yeah…You really know what a kitchen is for:rofl: Cant hold me back to say I love it.

Yep :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I got my dual 6.6 but still waiting for motors. Is it bad idea to power it up without motors connected… I would like to connect it to PC to see if all is good?

That should be perfectly fine

It should be fine to connect it to the pc but you wont be able to do any real configuing besides flashing firmware.

Bummer :frowning: the only flaw so far

Anyone tried 13s on it?

Just setting up my dual, from what I can make out I can use the connector supplied with the Metr Pro offset (the metr is 7 pin and the fesc is 8)

Can anyone see an issue?

image image

Pretty sure its okay to use, you just leave the 8th pin open

1 Like

You can use 7 pins no problem. the only thing check the TX and RX position of your pin. I posted a bit above the difference between vesc 4.12 and 6 based. In the 6 they switched the RX and Tx in position. So basically in case you need it you only have to lift the little plastic clamp at the back of the jst and swap the rx and tx position.

Here the post https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/flipsky-dual-fsesc-6-6-discussion-findings/67155/118?u=rey8801. You can notice that the TX and RX is inverted. If you used your metr module on a 4.12 vesc and it worked, you have to change the position for sure. No soldering need it, just change the position of the pins.

1 Like

I don’t have the source, but I remember reading that on Metr Pro it doesnt matter, the system automatically swaps them

Edit: Maybe @rpasichnyk can chime in

3 Likes

Ah cool! Didn’t know. Then try. Thanks for the information.

Yeah, it doesn’t matter for the Metr. I’m using my Metr on my 6.6 dual no problem!

4 Likes

Same here. Metr swaps it - that’s why both pins are labelled tx/rx

1 Like