Flipsky Dual FSESC 6.6 Discussion & Findings

Yeah thanks but I have a feeling that one is fake, I have some suspicion about it. Just because someone bought the same one from Aliexpress using that picture and they complained

No worries now I have like 2m2 of fishpaper coming

i brought it and there was nothing wrong with it.

2 Likes

Oh well doesnt really matter now :slight_smile:

I have a lot of fishpaper coming my way from China lol

not really depending on how shallow the enclosure is it would basically make it looks like an ollin vesc with the heatsink.

Here…

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F123322908247

1 Like

Ok. Thanks, did you do a burn test?

Tried to set fire to it, it resisted for a fair while but I’ve no standard to to test it against…

1 Like

Oh ok seems like its good fishpaper, this is totally off topic now but the one i was talking about on aliexpress did not past that test

Well motor detection went great, now I cant seem to get the controller to work. Using flipskys nano controller, it connects to the reciever, but no reading in vesc tool. Any advice?

EDIT: I did message flipsky about this, and they gave me a response: “It is our national holiday, can we get back to you after the 7th?”

Borrowed a controller from a friend, got it running without a hitch! Not sure what was up with that flipsky remote.

Motors did not seem to spin at all the same without traction control enabled, like way far off, normal? Sorry, first VESC.

Will not get this on the road for another day or 2 still when I am closer to finalizing my build.20181003_072150

1 Like

Could you go into a little more details on motors not spinning the same? I thought I felt a bias toward one side but chalked it up to how I rode.

I think I’m probably the first one that burned the single 6.6.

When I turn it on it shows only the blu light. :sob:

1 Like

I took off belts to do motor detection, failed with dual idlers. After setting up input, while victory throttling in the app, i could physically see my slave side spinning at what looked to be 1.5 ~2x the speed of the master side, at least below 20k ERPM. I Ticked traction control and it immediately resolved this.

2 Likes

damn… what happened?

No idea. It just shut down. No errors on metr

My 4.20 did the same, before i had a few DRV errors but that was doing a motor detection then out of no where no error it just shut down and only a light shows up.

Shipped it of to repair and my mosfets are shorted.

Mine blew ~12 days ago, with out doing anything to it. Could you update here with warranty support later on?

1 Like

1 RIP single 6.6 1 RIP dual 6.6 so far on this thread then? I guess I am not selling my focboxes then… yet

5 Likes

So, I just installed the dual 6.6 on my board. I run it on 70 -50 30 and -7. Before that I had the regular 4.12 from TB. First impression is very positve. The braking is a bit better than before and the acceleration especially at high speeds is much smoother. On my old Vesc there was always a sudden acceleration if I went faster than 35 km/h, but now it´s just one constant line. Let´s see how it will hold up over time. A bummer is the size of that thing (that´s what she said). I had to rearrange my enclosure to make it fit. Setting it up was also no problem. Another thing which is irritating, which has been mentioned here, is that it cannot measure the voltage correctly. It jumps almost 2V. I have the ackmaniac app which is a good way to see that. I used a larger range for the cut-off, so it doesn´t turn off the board, when I have some juice left. I hope there are no other complications that come with that.

2 Likes

For anyone on here that has used one… noob alert What do you think the flipsky dual FSESC 6.6 would be like on 8”+ pneumatic wheels with dual APS 6384 sensored motors? Reckon the high amps would be an issue?

1 Like