Flipsky Dual FSESC 6.6 Discussion & Findings

What’s the score with the dodgy voltage readings? Are they steady or erratic? Are people just setting their cutouts lower?

I really don’t want to fit a battery gauge if I can avoid it, want to use metr as per my previous builds…

The readings are a bit whack. I have my voltage cutoff set lower than normal by 1 volt to account for it.

1 Like

Its goes up and down rapidly by .5 volts from my experience. I upped my softcut off by .5 volts. I’d rather loose some range then puffy lipo.

1 Like

im tempted to buy one but i i cant justify that kinda outlay when my current esc’s are working flawlessly.

1 Like

Haven’t got mine running yet but if the voltage fluctuates by .5v can’t I just set the cutoff like .25v lower?

You could but it doesn’t fluctuate by only .5 though

Finally got mine installed. Going to test it this Saturday coming. Let’s see how it goes. I am running 12S FOC. That voltage thing is super annoying, I have sent them a message, still waiting for a reply.

There was people with driver issues, I haven’t experienced that, I got Vesc tool 0.95, plugged it in one at the time to set up and worked straight away.

I’ll share my thoughts Saturday night after the ride. So far looks good.

Best Regards Nesquick

If the voltage fluctuates but we are only really concerned w the low voltage cut off…can’t we just adjust the lvc based on how much the voltage fluctuates? If it wiggles between 45 and 43v and I want it set to 43 I could just set to 44 no?

1 Like

Alright guys, just got home from the ride. First of all my setup so we can “compare notes” in the future. 2X 6364 192KV Motors Gear Ratio: 15/66 Wheels: 200mm on Superstar Hubs. 10A Battery pack 12S2P Cheap 2.4ghz Remote Control from amazon.

Conservative settings for this test ride: 50A -25 50A -25 FOC

https://metr.at/r/WjCE9 (24KMs Total)

Thoughts: Compared to the crappy 4.12 ESCs from HB the FSESC runs much better, no weird drops in voltage, no weird errors on metr no random issues where it breaks for no reason overall much better experience. It was my first time riding on FOC and I kinda like it, I love the torque on the BLDC mode but the FOC gives me more confidence on the road hence it has better start from stand still.

Anyone having the issue where metr does not record the speed and/or distance?

Regarding the voltage fluctuation thing, like you guys I just dropped the cutoff by 1v and no issues so far. So far I am happy with it, but to be 100% honest it is way to early to tell. I’ll keep you guys updated if something happens.

Best Regards Nesquick

4 Likes

Just been in touch with flipsky about the funky voltage readings…

They are offering to replace the dual with 2 singles if I return the dual at my expense… now I’m torn… I’ve only just got on the road, not sure I can wait 2-3weeks for the turnaround!

Do they have an idea or any indication that they can fix this fluctuation?

Just some waffle about it being a firmware hardware issue?!? I said “great send me the new firmware” they replied

“ Dear Dave:

For the firmware process is not pratical for us.

If you want replacement for it , pls ship it back to us by your shipping cost, then we’ll ship 2PCS single vesc6 to you by our shipping cost.

thanks!”

Uh, in otherwise words. They have no clue or its a bad hardware design that causes it. Firmware issue should be a simple flash process?! Something doesn’t add up

1 Like

True. I am assuming it is just bad design. I hope not, but that’s what it seems like.

One thing that I forgot to mention on the post above, before you get the ESC if you ask something on the facebook page you get an almost instant reply. Once you say “I got the thing” and if you ask something, they will not reply. That’s super shitty and yes I understand that they must have tons of messages, the thing is the more transparent you run your business the less questions people throw at you, it is way better for everyone to get a “We don’t know what the issue is!” than complete silence.

On the other hand we are the early adopters so we knew the risks, so I am not complaining I am just reporting my experience so far.

Resume: Support before buying: Great Support after buying: Super bad (They do not reply) Product itself: Apart from the voltage problem, seems good so far, I am happy with it,

Best Regards Nesquick

1 Like

Every diy company has better support before than after. It just makes it worse that they are in China so customer returns are expensive

Just a side note: i have the same issue with my two single Fsesc 6.6.

1 Like

So what game are they playing if the issue is on both?!

then they would choose a dual 6.6 flysky or 2TB vesc for a Trampa board 12s

The typical game. Deny it is a hardware issue. This problem has been known almost since the very beginning. To continue selling the product, they told subsequent buyers that the issue is firmware related. People keep rediscovering the voltage problem., which renews the discussion over and over again.

Now they try to offer those who openly complain a solution to stop the current wave of complaints. They know full well that their current lineup has issues.

Do the voltage reading fluctuations affect watt hour calcs in metr? And does anyone know if the current readings are accurate?