Flipsky Dual FSESC 6.6 Discussion & Findings

So Ive finally got this thing hooked up, now im having trouble getting the computer to read it. Powers on, lights up, I installed the drivers you linked @sofu , On windows 10, conputer doesnt even recognize i have a device plugged in, USB slot doesnt even light up as if there is something plugged in, seeing nothing in device manager. Tried both sides.

verify that the drivers are loaded. Try a different computer. I bet its a driver conflict.

Restart your computer with the vescs plugged in and turned on @FourteeOZ.

The dual can support 200a total with 100 per motor. The singles can only do 60. this makes it amazing for a dual 6384 mtb build im working on

Tried that first @sofu wont be home for another 12 hours to mess with it again, hoping it was just a charge only micro usb cable I was using being the problem. Otherwise I will be digging out an ancient laptop from the basement. Damn custom gaming rigs.

1 Like

It was just the cable. Tried one I had laying around and connected right away. Ill get this all tuned in and my board set up when Im off work later this week :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Mine has just arrived… has anyone mounted theirs inside the enclosure with no airflow? I’ve always had the heatsink ‘on show’ in my previous builds but I’d like to avoid cutting a hole in my @bigben enclosure if at all possible! I’ll be running 12s on 6374’s…

1 Like

looks like

1 Like

I would atleast put it on some thermal pads and put that on a aluminum block so it will pull the heat out of the board.

But than he again need to cut the enclosure

mine is in a bag… had no heat issues so far but I am in Boston and we are not exactly in the hot season

1 Like

I guess I’ll try without airflow then modify if it gets a bit hot and sweaty.

2 Likes

Another college student here, I have a single build right now, but want to go dual. I have an ESCape, and thus want another. But I cant find one, of course, lol. It’s a great VESC, but supply is so spotty it’s frustrating. If the flipsky dual 6.6 stands the test of time and is a quality piece of tech, it will make situations like this much easier.

It’s a nice size for the hummie deck.

8 Likes

Is that fishpaper wrapped cells?

Yep. Glued together into p groups with polyurethane glue then wrapped then heat shrink wrapped. Welding next then solder the leads then more fishpaper then final shrink wrap…

Massive overkill I’m sure but watching various videos of people’s pride and joy go up in flames has me on the belt and braces side of short circuit prevention!

5 Likes

Where did you get the fishpaper? Ali?

1 Like

you can get it here https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&SearchText=barley+paper

1 Like

Yeah I bought some of taobao but was wondering if he found any in the UK

here - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30-cm-x-12-cm-0-2mm-18650-Battery-Insulation-Gasket-Barley-Paper/223020382488?hash=item33ed0cf918:g:XOEAAOSwHPNbJP3s