Flipsky Dual FSESC 6.6 Discussion & Findings

I was wondering wheter to use the internal antispark to save space or use my external one… Don’t find someone that uses the internal one long enough to know whether is reliable.

I think judging by the general quality you should have no problem, maybe only get a better button, that seems to be the lamest part of the experience.

yeh the button I would make it by myself

The 6.6 singles were rated for 60 amps continuous while the dual were rated for 100 amps per motor continuous. That might explain the amp cap you are experiencing. Screen shot from product page of the single image

I would bias towards the external. Even if their switches are reliable I’d err towards being as modular as possible, so when things does break you can swap out individual components.

1 Like

you are mixing battery amps and motor amps.

60A phase current is absolutely nothing spectacular, even 4.12 could push 100 in some cases

6.6 single is “rated” for 60A continous current from the battery. Which is BS I believe, but what ever.

I just hope that at the certain point we will reach a level where if there is a new component and feature you can actually use it :laughing:

I doubt it does 60A at battery level without any hard airflow or etc. I push max 50A (80A) limit with focbox using heatsink and good air flow it still manages to heat up to 40-50ºC depending on ambient temperature.

Now… I’d like a feature where the board automatically projects out smooth roads and good weather whenever its running. Maybe the innovator of the year can help :stuck_out_tongue: @Kug3lis Fatboy Weather Manipulator?

2 Likes

I will take one! :joy:

Well i am working on something similar for my Mark48 but its not cheap and will probably will be only single solution :smiley:

1 Like

FYI…

1 Like

4wd… URGHHHHHHH

Sale is active for those that are on the fence… Accord to all discussion this vesc is great for those who

A) Have risk tolerance because the product is still pretty new B) Don’t have big budget or just get the vesc 6 from trampa C) Don’t want to wait or just get stewii

So, I think I did a pretty good test of the dual 6.6 this past weekend at the Evolve World Cup Wild Card race. Ran the shit out of it for four races and had no issues. I was running it on 10s in BLDC. 85 motor amps with 35 battery amps. Didn’t get above 104 degrees. I have it enclosed with no active cooling.

2 Likes

For C? If it was C you would have had thermal throttling.

What size wheels / rider weight / gear ratio?

So does this dual 6.6 has an anti-spark switch?

:sweat_smile: thought the same first… Guess it’s F… would be 40 degrees thou

1 Like

No, you’ll have to provide your own

Sorry. Should have specified “F”. 16t motor, 48t on 120mm Wheels. I weigh about 180lbs.