First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

Yeah, surely not worth it at scale. But damn that would cool. It just opens up so many more possibilities.

TB DD 4x4 on Mountain boards for one thing.

I would love to get a set for real. Even limited batch shit at a premium.

Hanger and all the goods is the same. Just an extra $150 for adjustable baseplates or something. 0-60 degrees. Mmmmm

1 Like

Tested the 160x50 tires… they are a ton of fun… being able to ride everywhere is nice… Motors will handle them no problem esp a 4x4. We also extended the stator also :smile: Was planning on going 7-8" for an off-road tire but might stick to the 160’s. 160s still work great for mid high grass.

2 Likes

Yeah, but for now we are relegated to a traditional deck!

You can do this kind of shit:15447402049115561011856421247709

6 Likes

160mm is 6.3" for the folks in Freedom Unit Land

3 Likes

@sender you fancy…

@b264 you making it too easy for ppl. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: image

2 Likes

No one, and i mean no one in the entire universe, has ever said that about @Sender before :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Did you try dual setup (1 DD) with 160mm? How was torque and braking?

Yeah I would definitely be interested in a 35d and adapters I’ve already preorded so just pm me if you just want to update the previous order or what not

@BruSkater not with 160s yet… hopefully soon. Tested belt drive for the 160s. But we were able to ride the DD on short grass (unsensored) was performing pretty good.

3 Likes

This is true.

@torqueboards, thank you.

@mmaner, suck it.

1 Like

@sender lol :exploding_head: :rofl:

2 Likes

:wink: Aussie Aussie Aussie

Merica F@$k yeah

1 Like

Oi! Oi! Oi!

10 chars

1 Like

ahhaaa :love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture::metal::ok_hand::raised_hands:

1 Like

@torqueboards What KV would these motors need to deliver more torque then the Raptor 2 hubs and can you make them that way? :grin:

I don’t care about top speed as long as it goes faster than an Ownboard :smiley:

@jadatmag

Lower KV will give you more torque. 75KV Higher KV will give you a higher top speed 90KV

You can also use a smaller wheel size for more torque.

We’ve also increased the stator size (for the upcoming pre-order) as well which would make them one of the biggest direct drive motors.

2 Likes

Can’t wait!

1 Like

So would it be possible to go 2 90 kv front on 1 unity, 2 75kv rear on the other unity? I feel like id use the same settings for power on each… never seen a 4wd motor mismatch…

My question is a little more specific. :stuck_out_tongue:

How would 75 KV compare to the Raptor 2 hubs?

Can you make custom 60 KV?

1 Like