First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

Finally, someone listened to my preaching… China: take note… GO BIGGER!

I might order a 4wd set for an off road board… When I get more funds, haha.

@iKNOWaFATman worth testing for science :smile: @evoheyax gotta try putting dual 6380s on it… lol @jadatmag No, unfortunately only 75KV and 90KV. More torque doesn’t always mean better. I think 75KV is a good medium balance. If you want, you can always drop to a 90mm wheel and get more torque from a 75KV setup. They are bigger why don’t you be the judge :wink:

2 Likes

I’m sure you were the primary inspiration for this decision.

4 Likes

Not necessarily… but we had space… so why not… more benefits for the people who pre-ordered :smile:

8 Likes

Haha yes so funny :joy:

This is usually not suggested to do this, because most of the standard 170-190kv motors on 12S come really close or slightly over 60k ERPM.

With these though, the ERPM is so low, I’d guess it would be fine. Gotta ask someone smart like @Deodand what happens though if one motor goes faster than it should.

When I hit max speed, I hit a limit where I can’t go faster unless I let go of the throttle to coast faster. If I remember correctly though, that is an option in vesc tool to select… Gotta check. This might lock you at the lower speed. Maybe. I’m going to go look now. Maybe just keeping traction control disabled so your escs can run at different ERPMs without disabling the faster one.

Just run split ppm between the front and back and they would never know the difference. It would be the same as coasting

1 Like

75kv or 90 kv ? I really don’t know if i need some speed or some torque… What will be your choice ?

How are these with pnuematics?

I mean maybe the lower kv model might get smoked as it tops at 35mph. But as the only person currently riding a set, I’d say this thing can almost smoke a dual 6355 belt drive. The 90kv and custom wound motors at higher kv’s should be beasts though, I’m guessing 90kv 40-48mph, custom 120kv’s probably 50-60+mph

1 Like

75kv. It’s a no-brainer. Remember it’s not just about forward acceleration, but also about how strong the brakes are.

2 Likes

For max torque we’re limited by the max amps possible to be sent to the motor. If u have an esc capable of putting out more amps u can get the same max torque w any kv of a motor. If. Efficiency is nice though

2 Likes

i will run the dd with the Unity

1 Like

Any updates @torqueboards?

@jbruce - So far so good… Most of the final parts are almost finished so we’re on track :smile:

Until everything is in our hands and we can confirm 100% everything is good. :+1: So I’ll confirm once we’re :100: positive!

110’s will take a bit longer though but as soon as we can.

We do have some limited stock for those that want them “in stock”.

5 Likes

We talking bout the Wheels here?

Edit: If so, dibs

@Jc06505n The DD Motor Kit is what I meant but yeah, once the wheels are done we’ll have some in stock but price will go up to $135 when it’s in stock.

3 Likes

Does “in stock” mean the @torqueboards DD motor kits and wheels will start shipping fairly soon once the remaining parts you’re waiting on come in then or what does timing look like for shipping on the DD atm, still February sometime?

Are wheels going to be done in time to ship with the DD for people who ordered both or is it going to be more o like sending the DD’s out once they’re ready and then sending the wheels out as they become available and you guys get more stock of them?

@jansen I’d say maybe 2-4 weeks so sometime mid-late Feb. Could be earlier.

As far as the 110s we would ship out the DD ahead of time and send out the 110s when they are available.

Unfortunately, for 110s we also need a 4 week curing time for the wheels but they are almost on schedule but we’ll have to see once they are poured.

11 Likes

Yeeehhhhhaaaawwww! Can’t wait for the DD and wheels.

1 Like