First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

Lol $13 each I payed $7 for 4 12x21x6

Where? That’s a price I can get behind

2 Likes

@torqueboards

100mm is a great size but no point in having two options for 100mm and ultimately for the DD setup 110mm would be better. So we went with the 110mm option.

:point_up_2::star_struck::yum: :ok_hand:

…but don’t tell me you are jumping to the bay’s cold waters with those sharp edge lips?

@pixelsilva We thought about it… but nope… We have a small chamfer on the inside wheel. So far no chunking… :smile:

3 Likes

eBay, I’ll get the link later. I had to make some bushings for it to fit tho

2 Likes

I want them already :smile: giphy-2

1 Like

@torqueboards What are you doing for wheel interchangeability? Is it going to be only kegel style core or will we be able to use different core style wheels?

rounded lips @torqueboards, rounded lips!

2 Likes

Oh, na I’d rather have direct fits haha

1 Like

woops, editing before it shows up, I misread you.

Whats the benefit of rounded vs angled(?) lips? less chunking?

1 Like

@PXSS - Only ABEC/Kegel… maybe test an option to use our pneumatics but haven’t tested yet. I don’t think there are any other great options otherwise. Motor can is 70mm diameter. You can go 90 or lower but you’ll end up damaging your motor can but it would/should still be perfectly fine. They just won’t be pretty no more. :smile:

@pixelsilva - Yeah, we’ll do a rounded inside lip but we tested it with the chamfer and there were no chunking.

@Sn4Pz - supposedly, yes.

2 Likes

Thats fine. I usually ride abecs.

@Sn4Pz

Whats the benefit of rounded vs angled(?) lips? less chunking?

. . :point_down:

@torqueboards

@Sn4Pz - supposedly, yes.

. . :point_down:

Supposedly??

1 Like

My green 107s are the same if not worse. Lame. Popocas are still bullet though. I hope they are closer to that. The lip I feel does have a good bit to so with it

…yes, forum operatives took a shot at your 107s yesterday morning at the Shades Creek Greenway…

1 Like

But then there’s guys like @Deckoz with tons of miles and almost zero chunking…

The 83A wheels seem to ride better than the softer ones. Don’t let the number fool you, test them out. The 'thane is so deep that 83A feels downright cushy.

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/first-look-at-torqueboards-direct-drive-motor/61152/317?u=b264

3 Likes

That’s cod @Deckoz would glue the chunks back on

3 Likes

Homie… u got rats

3 Likes

I dont have chunks, i have cuts that I glue to prevent chunks. just be careful until you shred the mold skin off then your pretty good

2 Likes