First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

like the boa ?

Yeah, they should be fairly similar.

2 Likes

100mm is a great size but no point in having two options for 100mm and ultimately for the DD setup 110mm would be better. So we went with the 110mm option.

5 Likes

Diversity of great products is great

3 Likes

@bandrews510 I already have a working prototype using 3 pole double throw 40a relays.

Iā€™m working on a circuit that will shrink the footprint to a pcb and some smd components that will work with NRF24 remotes and a programmable button

Basically the same way a soft switch works for the power on power off on the boards, on instead on on/off it will reterminate on the fly

2 Likes

oh my god. the 110mm kegel style is EXACTLY what we have all been waiting for. so excited!

3 Likes

@torqueboards I may try and get my hands on some 12x22x5 bearings and throw those 160x50 wheels on my MBS Board

@holyman92 They should fit on MBS, Trampa, Evolve as I made them somewhat similar for the rim size. I figured it would be better overall for them to be fairly similar. Tires/Tubes should be pretty interchangeable. Although, I canā€™t 100% confirm didnā€™t try yet.

1 Like

Any idea when you will accept pre orders? :smile:

@Mich21050 Once we get them tested. Shouldnā€™t be too long. Have to make a few changes to the rim. Iā€™m open to making a few more tire styles if anyone is interested. I was thinking of a 7" Off-Road Tire.

6 Likes

Mbs has 12mm axles tho so the only bearings I found are 12x22x5 and from some random site

Whattttt itā€™s almost impossible to get 12x22xX bearings. I had to buy 12x21x5 and make some dodgy ass bushings for them to fit

2 Likes

Courtesy of @torqueboards, he found these: https://www.amazon.com/Bearing-Sealed-12x22x5-Metric-Bearings/dp/B00IK4JYA0 But itā€™s 13$ a pop. So 8 of them would be more than 4 new hubs :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@pat.speed

http://www.vxb.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=Kit20376

1 Like

holy oof :thinking:

We can probably get those cheaper. If a lot of people plan on actually using it. Is everyone using it for the same purpose? 12mm axles? Is that Trampa/MBS or just MBS?

2 Likes

trampa uses 12mm for the infinity and vertigo, not the ultimate

For me is MBS, specifically Matrix 2

Yea I will never use trampa but my matrix 2 use 12mm

Cool. IF all else fails you should be able to throw TB tires/tubes on MBS Rims. I think, need to check.

2 Likes