First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

Me too!! I am about to finish my first build, and already thinking on my second one: Hummie deck, TB DD, 110mm wheels 13s4p :drooling_face: One can dream…

1 Like

4wd on a my haya deck… mmmmm mmmmmm

3 Likes

Haha… I don’t know… I like it all. It’s definitely a different experience. I’ll have to test it more and I should be getting some samples out to a few folks soon who can share their view on it.

Personally, I enjoy dual belt drive for unsensored and when climbing steep hills especially running unsensored. DD motors of course would be better sensored.

Thanks @Chaka nice to see you back.

9 Likes

this. is. awesome.

1 Like

What kv did you guys end up settling on… “prays for 75kv”

1 Like

What size wheel – and battery voltage – did you have in mind while praying for 75kv?

1 Like

97- 110 and 10s for vesc reliability

1 Like

110 Molds are being made so hopefully we have some big boyz soon! They are pretty fat wheels though.

4 Likes

fat? like contact pitch? :smiley:

Yup 110x65… almost like 68mm wide with the lip but contact patch is 65mm.

3 Likes

owo

damn i need these.

expect an order when my wallet can take such a beating :laughing:

Also testing out some 160x50 Pneumatics :slight_smile: so looks like we’ll have to be riding more decks with better clearance… kinda sucks it’s harder to ride these without kicktails. Should be fun though.

22 Likes

surely you have these on a drop down right?

Yeah, that would be the best option. Dropthrough or downhill type decks.

2 Likes

Do you have pics of the 110? What’s their weight ? Thanks

2 Likes

I’ll get some photos +weight on Monday.

5 Likes
3 Likes

From @b264 image

They will be black on black though.

15 Likes

what’s the duro ?

1 Like

I think we’re probably going with 83A. They are still pretty soft at 83A much softer than other wheels at 83A.

8 Likes