First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

Ready and waiting for the DD guys… and @torqueboards this wearlther is beautiful (rain aside) these 2 cold fronts have been a god send

(Ignore the missing pulley, lost it today because grub screw came out and it rolled into a storm drain)

FB_IMG_1539718750483 IMG-20181016-WA0002

2 Likes

Not 100% decided yet but we currently have samples for 50KV/70KV. Typically in between is probably what it’s looking like around 60KV.

8 Likes

Will you make a kit with the direct drive eventually? Enclosure and all. Similar to the belt kit you’ve got.

The 110 plus decent trucks will be great for the bike paths/concrete paths around Melbourne, rather than the harsher hub motors limited to a specific size.

2 Likes

Yeah, we will. The trucks for the DD setup will be with CNC Trucks.

Working on a new battery setup next to make things easier.

5 Likes

Definitely keen on this. Can’t wait, will jump on that. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

60kv sounds like the sweet spot. Its gonna push pretty much anything I bet. 110 wheels up any hill and with those beefy hangars I don’t expect hear to be as big of a concern as other hubs/DD’s

3 Likes

Yeah they are super thick I’m pretty sure they can hold a car lol

2 Likes

The correct term is thiccc

10 Likes

I think exactly 62kv is the sweetest spot, if possible

2 Likes

Lmao, motors are never gonna be the exact KV you want. I believe there was a thread awhile ago that discussed Advertised vs actual KV

3 Likes

With 97mm?

Well 62kv would work very well with 110mm and 107mm for 10S and 12S (25.9mph - 31.9mph) (41.6km/h - 51.4km/h)

With 97mm it’d be a bit torquey and with pneumatics it’d be a bit too fast, but I personally think that’s the best compromise. I’d mainly want to use direct drive on short decks with tails that are otherwise hard to electrify…

4 Likes

I work 3-4 weeks at a time offshore but when I am home I usually ride between 25-50 miles per day. When home I am home for 3-4 weeks at a time so I could have you 400-500 miles on the DD’s in about 10-14 days.

1 Like

That would be lovely. Getting feedback on the Direct Drives is cool.

Building a new board and I’m just waiting on the release of these bad boy’s.

I’m your in need of testers… I’ll gladly do so. I push 15 miles a day, 6 days a week in NYC roads.

From the nice smooth roads to harsh one. Lots of uphill road by me as well.

1 Like

yo @torqueboards, any update on the Direct Drive ?

4 Likes

@FredXanadu Yeah, We’ve been testing them and they’ve been holding up great. I think they’ll be pretty durable especially with 110mm Wheels. We’ll be doing a pre-order very shortly.

21 Likes

ohhhh shitttt :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

3 Likes

I’m using your 6374 motors on my dual belt setup. How would you say that the torque of these new units compares to what I’m experiencing now?

1 Like

Woot, I’ve been telling people about these Dexter. Nice to know they will be dropping soon!

6 Likes

I GOT MY WALLET READY! ready to throw money at your direction any moment

2 Likes