First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

It’s the mark of professionalism when you don’t even know what metal your axle is made from.

But seriously, this thread is for @torqueboards brand direct drive

8 Likes

lol… deep down we all already knew. :smile:

7 Likes

We’re almost done with the DD… Just … weather + rain = No fun.

We’ll probably go with a pre-beta run once we get them tested for a few hundred miles.

Def interested in any high mileage riders to put some miles and dog these new DD motors out.

13 Likes

200lb(with my pack) rider here who dailys his board to both job’s 6 days a week and fairly rough roads im also a pretty cool guy :rofl: Putting together a 12s build at the moment even @torqueboards

6 Likes

Russian roads want to be tested too…especially in the wet winter time :sweat_smile: I can help out with this :point_up::wink:

3 Likes

If you want someone to test their limits I’m willing to help :smiley:

edit: This is one of my favorite testing grounds:

It broke the sleeves of your hub motors successor :smiley:

4 Likes

Definitely you the man for lay over review clips :ok_hand::+1:

Inb4 80% of the forum are suddenly gear testers

2 Likes

Only 80? :joy:

1 Like

breathes heavily be exciting to see these results. What wheels have you managed to put on the direct drive?

Im hoping those 110mm i keep hearing about

1 Like

We’ll I want to get the 110 Kegel Cores (Made in CA) but we’re still testing and the molds might take a while. If everyone wants to wait on the molds. We can do that too which ultimately I think that would be the better route.

7 Likes

Where we’re going, we don’t need gears.

11 Likes

You need me to test these things really Don’t worry about anyone else. Just me. I can break anything. On a serious note though I do live in Australias equivalent to SF with extreme heat and silly hills, I’m a big heavy lump too.

Might as well ride on 110s…

8 Likes

Definitely wait. 110 would be amazing around here too. Can’t wait to see the goods.

3 Likes

These DD look amazing and from what I’ve seen they are tanks probably the stongerst DD out there stonger than any hub drive. Also cooling shouldn’t be an issue with these like you see on other brands.

Can’t wait to see these DD in action. Also the 110mm wheels are gonna be boss

1 Like

Down to test if you need a more serious stress test… ride 10-20+ miles a day, 7 days a week, and live in a pretty hilly area in SoCal. I always use your guys trucks, motors, and other shit on 2 of my DIY’s already but would love to test the new stuff out since I will buy it anyway. Can’t go wrong with a member to the 3rd power right…? LMK. PS - Guys I ride with call me board killer cause I’m always need to change/fix things just due to the fact I weigh 200 lbs and ride close to full throttle much of the time in a area with hills. Not my fault, hope these can hang better than anything else though, would be great!

1 Like

They should handle a 200lb rider with ease, I got 100lbs on you plus my gear and I plan to thrash these things with a high amps haha

4 Likes

What is the kv going to be @torqueboards? As far as I know it wasn’t written in stone a while back.