First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

I think so @Skunk.

Fixed @moon. :laughing::yum:

1 Like

Wow!! Look at those trucksā€¦

Metasurf Libraā„¢ 45Ā° High Stability RKP Truck 330mm /13inch width.ā€‹ Forged 7075/6061 Aluminum Hangers T6 Heat Treated 85A Burshing

• (We donā€™t want to highjack this tread. So is better if someone open a new Metasurf tread because the info there is a gold mine, invaluable).

more like a silver mine

3 Likes

Yeah. Like that blink.

Haha @Skunk yeah, split anglesā€¦ 35D leans thoughā€¦ I think most decks will have wheel bite with 35D. 35D will probably be an option but standard would probably be best with 50D.

@sunnyD looks good. Different from ours. $90 lol good luck :smile: would be nice.

4 Likes

i actually like those trucks

Thats what I was thinking. Either shitty parts or unsustainable. Possibly both?

2 Likes

Possibly bothā€¦ I highly doubt thatā€™s the real price though. If thatā€™s the case, weā€™ll all be buying from them :smile:

2 Likes

ā€¦then buying from you after those throw us on the street at speed because they tried to save money while making them

2 Likes

I understand the importance of skepticism when confronting a new brand (especially in an industry where anyone who is anyone can make a brand) but why not give em a chance to prove they could be worth it?

3 Likes

@sunnyD Iā€™m sure weā€™ll have a ton of people want to try it at that price point. :smile: Looks like a great deal to me.

2 Likes

whats the bet its made for 8mm axles, and most 8mm axles will bend when that much of the hanger is missing

3 Likes

can we ride the torque board direct drive with 97mm wheels ?

counting the days until we can light up dual TB DDs (AWD config) on TB 110sā€¦

:wave: when do we get dual TB 6.x ESCs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dang how fast will that go?

132654_0

9 Likes

Any news ?

@torqueboards the MOTORS are 90$ lolā€¦ the ā€œforgedā€ truck set and motors will run u $449.00 + $84.00 shipping totaling 533.00

Metasurf also uses 8mm axles all the way through, not stepped down, they CLAIM to be using an aluminium axle (weā€™ll see when the other members here receive their drives in a few days) and theyā€™re 13" long trucks (which personally i like since my current setup with my SRā€™s is 330mm as well)

EDIT: Also motor prices have gone up to 149$

it was already confirmed that the axle is steel not aluminium.

i figured they were, thatā€™s why i put it in quotations lol