FatBoy Mini Drive Train 1:3

https://scontent-lht6-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/7168630b71a851bcf65137dc3c2649d8/5AA05F1B/t50.2886-16/28687790_152877432192115_5046558350569897984_n.mp4

4 Likes

urgh . . . . i wish i had a cnc like this

This is a 4 axis, right? But do the 4th axis sit on the «head» or at the «bed» (not really sure what these are called in cnc’s)

Depends on your configuration :wink:

But like, do the bed rotate, or do the head rotate?

5 Likes

When do you think this will be available to purchase? I’m interested in the direct drive that will mount to the 218 torqueboards trucks

The tb218 version and normal Trampa version should be available to purchase in 1-2 weeks. The one thing with tb218 version you would also have to buy our FatBoy Solid Core wheel hubs which are specifically made for this drivetrain

2 Likes

That’s not a problem, the hubs look amazing :+1: I’ve been waiting for a direct drive street setup to come out that’ll fit on the 218 Torqueboards trucks. Do you know how much you’ll be charging for this setup with the hubs?

So far I can only tell that hub price + drivetrain so 200 + x :smiley:

Lol, well I suppose that works😂

Just got prices :smiley:

Trampa version 375 eur + shipping TB218 version 350 eur + (200 eur wheels) + shipping

These look sweet! How much testing have they been through? I’m no engineer, but I know from working on cars and motorcycles that POM plastic is prone to thermal expansion. I imagine there will be some pretty good heat with sustained high speeds.

This is already the fourth generation of the drivetrain, and there are no problems with POM plastic. POM based gears are used in many industrial machines and in way much higher speeds and loads than our esk8.

Of course, before putting those to the sale I will try them out myself on my build http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/urban-dailydriver-35-holypro-carve-trampa-mini-vertigo-trucks-aps-6374-130kv-3-2kw-fatboy-directdrive-fatboy-solid-hubs-12s-fatboy-esc/47028/3

P.S. These one are only for mini Trampa trucks (which will be required to be sent for milling because @trampa removed them from his store so no more purchase of only hangers) and TorqueBoards 218mm hanger (this will require our custom FatBoy Solid Core wheel hubs)

2 Likes

This is not a direct drive if it’s using cogs.

Hmmm, almost looks like you adjusted the profile of the spur gear for your CNC?

Ahm, I don’t really understand your question. The gears there calculated for this specific situation.

Just noticed you got rid of the relatively sharp angle of the root circle. I guess you don’t need a 4 axis cnc to cut your profile.

1 Like

I can’t really tell you nothing much about this as I am not the one who created them

Drive kit with 6.5" tires from @Trampa

8 Likes