FatBoy Mini Drive Train 1:3

Also the the real length 74mm will fit and turn on those holes without a problem :wink:

1 Like

For you. I wedge and dewedge and fixed mounts always have rear motors too close to the deck and front motors too close to the ground. So this is actually the best overall I think. We will see when I test them and the photos come in

2 Likes

The 2 prototypes available to buy right now :slight_smile:

Price is 350ā‚¬ + (VAT if applies) + Shipping

1 Like

Which motors would you recommend (buying- and where) putting on them? Iā€™m really eyeballing them now haha. Looking for sensored, located in EU.

I would suggest APS (UK shop), but they are all on backorder right now :wink:

Backorder though

Itā€™s always backorder. Bruno(APS owner) orders and typically you get motors 3-7 weeks. Like the ones in my drive up there^^

1 Like

Fixed weight on product page was old weight from 1:3 with wheel hubs :stuck_out_tongue:

ā‚¬200 on the motorsā€¦ and gotta wait for them to get in stock. Think Iā€™ll wait it out and see how the sound turns out before going ballistic.

1 Like

You could order from torqueboards here in the US too. His shipping calculator is accurate. See which is better for you as far as 6374ā€¦

products/electric-skateboard-motor-6374-190kv

1 Like

I think he wants EU based then I think Unik or StreetWing @DavidBanner

2 Likes

TB is more expensive, but I think 170kv would be more than enough. Got a 12s5p setup ready. 50kmh/30mph is enough for me.

@Ackmaniac those pics are from you correct? Can you make a vid with sound? Thatā€™s really the only thing holding me back atm.

Edit;edit; also I need new trucks as I just discovered my TBā€™s are 180mm.

1 Like

Just @b264 and @Deckoz should get first in several weeks

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation @Kug3lis

I have 6374 190 kV motors in stock

https://street-wing.com/product/6374-190-kv-motor/

1 Like

@Kug3lis which drive system did you have on the trampa you rode on the recent night ride?

No i donā€™t have them. Just only had a closer look at the product. But i have Direct drives from Nowind and as these here are also not helical gears i expect them to be at the same noise level. That means i expect them to be louder than belt drives. Especially at some speed. Sounds a bit like a car in reverse gear.

The only thing i donā€™t really like about the product is that i think that the angle will be a problem for a normal board. For a Landyachtz Evo it will be fine because of the -15 angle from the baord. But on normal boards it is very close to the ground. And that is an issue of the limited wheel size. 107mm isnā€™t small but you need to place the motor a bit away from the axle because of the trucks hanger. And i asked the question a couple of times if it is possible to change the angle. But the suggested predrilled holes in the mount donā€™t seem to fix the problem because of the hanger. Adding risers to the beck truck can solve that problem a bit, but at the same time it will also change your boards turing behavior.

Here you can see what i mean image

What i would like to see here is a hint from Kug3lis what the limitations of the gear drive will be so that the costumers are aware that they have to live with motors that are very close to the ground or that they have to find a solution to change the trucks angle. What i did see or how it felt for me was trying to talk the issue (or physical limits) away by not really answering in detail to a detailed question.

But on the other side the product is still in beta (prototype or whatever you want to call it) and letā€™s wait for the final version. And donā€™t get me wrong. I like to see products like these.

4 Likes

APS make great motors, sensor wire have a 1mm JST iirc and a different wire arrangement then a vescā€¦oh and you need 10mm pulleys, you guys need a go-to :package:

6 Likes

I understand your point @Ackmaniac I know you want to look up for people, at the moment we donā€™t have yet 6374 to show you that all angles fit correctly with real 74mm length motor, but as you know each motor is different. So there is an option to place motors on outer position, which shouldnā€™t cause any problems :slight_smile: (APS backorder is taking more than a while with all those shipment label cancellations and etcā€¦)

But I think @b264 and @Deckoz then they will receive the drives will show what I mean :slight_smile:

1 Like