FatBoy Mini Drive Train 1:3

Good God, I want that box.

2 Likes

Pics or it didn’t happen.

Gear drive is not direct drive. As far as I know, only Carvon and Torqueboards are working on axial direct drive and the radial direct drives are called hub motors. I don’t think Nowind has either of those. He’s hawking gear drives and calling them direct for marketing reasons

Jens calls them direct drives… Can we stop going back and forth over how he is calling his drivetrain. Please?

2 Likes

If I was calling an esk8 I was selling a “motorcycle” it would continue to be an issue until I used English correctly

BUT I’D SELL MORE ha ha ha

Congratulations to @Yecrtz for becoming 3rd tester who was brave enough to be early driver :smiley:

3 Likes

1 kit is left :slight_smile: For someone who wants to go ride now and don’t want to wait for summer :slight_smile:

Screenshot_128

Gear drives ftw! Thnx @Kug3lis

2 Likes

and @makevoid just did it :smiley: Congratulations of becoming last prototype user :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Everyone else start saving money for the group buy, after first testimonial / responses we will start a group buy thread in pre-order style we collect money and will be making first batch which should decrease the price if we collect enough of people :slight_smile:

5 Likes

my wallet thanks you for beating me :wink:

put me down at the top of the list please

2 Likes

Hey, guys after @deckoz struggling we created a new design which should solve a lot of problems. It changes everything mostly:

• 3 gear system
  • Whole aluminum case
  • 17mm ground clearance

Pictures from both mounting sides:

From another side

8 Likes

What struggles did @Deckoz have?

Have you solved your tolerance issue with the wheel bearings? I bought a set of cnc hubs from you because my bearings fell out of my Tramps superstar hubs. I mentioned this to you dude before purchase. I was under the assumption that because you did not anodize your hubs the fit of the bearing would be “press fit” but it falls out… Not good enough dude… Unhappy customer :frowning: your solution was to loctite… something that should press fit. @Moderators I already tried to work this out, so buyer beware! dude is sloppy!

1 Like

What has anodizing to do with fitting a bearing?

What? I explained why tolerances variates because of aluminium, and told that use green Loctite which is made for glueing in bearings it’s better than bearings compressed/squeezed inside.

About trying to work out what did you tried to work out? Because your last messages said I’ll let you know how the rest go…

@e.board_solutions anodizing/painting grows on surfaces.

1 Like

is it so much? If it grows it makes the bearing sitting tighter no?

Not true. Anodizing take away material. I have talked to a lot of people (engineers and mechanics) and what they all said is that thermal installing of bearings is the best way. warm up the nest and cool down the bearing and it should just fall into it’s space. Once it reach equal temperature it should be nice tight fit. Your new solution looks complicated and noisy probably and more resistance… for high power setup I would go with 15mm wide belts and next stage is some kind of direct drive I believe.

2 Likes

sorry mixed paints grow/anodizing takes away

1 Like

I agree with you but how many has access to like blow torches and etc, we use green Loctite which was made exactly for glueing in bearings:

LOCTITE retaining products secure bearings, bushes and cylindrical parts into housings or onto shafts. They increase maximum load transmission capability and uniform stress distribution and eliminate fretting corrosion. Applied as a liquid, they allow 100% contact between mating metal surfaces, eliminating the need for more expensive designs, time consuming machining and even the use of mechanical methods.

More than enough… http://allegro.pl/palnik-gazowy-zapalniczka-zarowa-zapalarka-grilla-i6280344677.html#imglayer