Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

Okay, i tried with Honor 6 phone and some Lenovo tablet also. Exactly same behavior.

Also i noticed, on mode box, it says “Disabled” all the time, while i think it should say about the throttle mode, like “Watt”.

You have to disable send can status at the master. Please let me know if that solved it?

It is already disabled. I verified also to make sure. And if those settings are wrong, the motors wouldn’t sync correctly, which they do.

1 Like

If can status is enabled at the master it has no effect for the slave. So you would not notice that it is enabled or disabled. But the app needs it to identify the master. And if you attached the module to the slave you need to activate forward to can with the id of the master in the settings of the app.

Ohh… that is it. I do have the BT module at the slave. I’ll try that forward setting as soon as i get home to test it. EDIT: Yep, now it works perfectly. The curves work and all settings i have tried so far.

Thank you! It is a very good firmware and applications.

I installed the extended BLDC-tool from @Ackmaniac and run FOC on my single drive 190 kv 6374, FOCBOX, 10s board. I took it for its first few drives today and experienced a lot of brake loss.

This happened more at higher speeds where I didn’t get any reponse from the motor when pulling the brake on the remote. Sometimes it brakes after after 1-2 seconds if I keep pulling, or if I let go and try again a few times, then it applies the braking.

The remote is a FlySky GT2B with the Sparkle mod. Battery was at 40,5 after the first ride, but it happened after that as well. Didn’t check battery voltage after last ride.

Any ideas?

@Ackmaniac how will your development of this firmware be affected by the release of the new VESC tool?

I think the biggest development hurdle that @Ackmaniac is facing is all the capabilities he created have been co-opted and put into the VESC6 :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

Yes. the new VESC Tools have these function now. But he* is the first implement of these ideas Thanks to him and of all his time and efforts putting these together for us.

I will stick with 2.54 for awhile, and havent had problem with it. since the vesc version is still new. dont want to risk for an unknow glitches when I am cruise 40km+.

Is there any way I’m actually ever hitting the 1300w max I have capped. I was thinking about taking the cap off but figure it might do no good as I’m never actually hitting that…

12s4p / dual 6374 190kv / 97mm street wheels

Thoughts?

Hey @Ackmaniac. I love your app and would like to donate, but first I’d like to find out what’s happening to development following the release of the new VESC tool?

It’s on my to do list when i find the time.

4 Likes

I switched to fw 3.24 yesterday and couldn’t stand it! Thanks @Ackmaniac for spoiling me, I’ve switched back to your fw :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

The only thing I really need from FW 3.26 is the motor temp controls. I know its already on his todo list as well so Ill just be patient.

1 Like

Now that vesc-tool came out are you going focus on that or will you make changes to bldc-tool. Kind of dislike vesc-tool just so many tabs to switch to. Not a huge deal but just wondering. Also if you have a chance can you take a look at duty cycle mode. From what understood vedder said it won’t work on a vesc. But someone on the forum said it works for them (with neutral) presumably on vesc-6. Is there a reason it wouldn’t work on a focbox?

@ackmaniac can’t wait for your FW with the new VESC tool, have you tried to contact Benjamin to partner with him?

Don’t see that happening

He started submitting patches to Vedders git. https://github.com/vedderb/vesc_tool/commits/master

2 Likes

hi there :slight_smile: is it possible to connect vesc and android phone with USB cable via USB OTG connection?

Sure. But there is no application for using this kind of connection.