Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

I recommend the clones from my link i shard in the first post of this thread. They are cheap and work. I changed the timing a little in my firmware so that the module you posted also should work (which also seems to be a clone). So if you use my firmware mod then you should be able to connect. (At least if you have a decent smartphone that supports Bluetooth Low Energy properly)

But you can’t use it to connect to your MAC. That simply isn’t supported.

can’t believe i did this but i read all of the 1401 previous posts. this thread is pure awesomeness!! :heart_eyes: i did not yet have the opportunity to ride my board with the updated firmware but ever since the update i’ve got a strange tingling sensation in my fingers…

@Ackmaniac is it possible to reboot the vesc using the app? as a fellow german i’m concerned about the police stopping me and in that case, a simple touch or swipe on my smartphone is a lot less suspicious as replugging a loop key.

Simply create a mode that you want. For example 6 km/h max and activate it with 1 click

1 Like

maybe i should have taken the board for a spin before asking this question. just realised i haven’t messed with switching modes yet. but if it’s really as simple as you say it is: you are my hero!

edit: donation is on its way

@Ackmaniac Yo~ can’t wait to see your control mods done in new VESC Tool and new firmwares! When do you think you’ll get it running?

Cheers

I second that! Can’t wait !

Just had a quick look and i am happy to see that Watt control is already implemented. So when you use the Current Control of the new VESC-Tool you are actually using Watt Control.

5 Likes

Does that mean you won’t need to make a new extended vesc tool? Will it work now with 2.54?

No no no no no no no. Watt control isn’t the only thing i have changed. And it won’t work with 2.54. Need to make a lot of changes to implement all the stuff. Let’s see when i find some time.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I will watch this thread and send you some motivational $$love$$ for your hard work. Thank you

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing your roadmap here with the release of vesc-tool.

Are you going to be continuing to update the 2.xx firmware or will you be hopping to the 3.xx that was released with the VESC-Tool? Would you be building off the Vesc-Tool? The biggest selling point to me for staying on your FW is working with the phone app.

Thank you for all you’ve done.

Hi everybody, I know that a lot of iPhone users were looking for this, so I’ve published a new iOS app for VESC with Vedder and Ackmaniac firmware.

Apple Store Link

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/new-ios-app-eskate-vesc-for-standard-and-ackmaniac-fw/32340

2 Likes

Great work. Just downloaded. Looking forward to trying it. Maybe you can make it compatible with Apple Watch?

Thank you. Yes for the watch I’m thinking about it.

1 Like

Just tried it out for the first time on the Raptor 2. Seems to connect okay, but speed is off, like 2x actual speed. I have the teeth settings at 1 for motor and 1 for pulley (hub motor), does that make a difference? Also what should my ‘Poles Number’ setting be? 14? In the main screen, ‘battery %’ and ‘remaining range’ would be something good to include.

@Mickyboy Are you taking about @Ackmaniac software or @emmaanuel???

This thread is about @Ackmaniac work, if you wish to comment on @emmaanuel stuff please comment on his thread! Simple!

2 Likes

Hello!

I got now two FOCBOXes with two hub motors. It works good with FOC. I updated the firmware to yours, and appears to be working, so is the android app.

One thing that seems to not work, is different modes on the android app. Whatever i change, doesn’t make any effect. Even limiting watts to like 10W or anything crazy doesn’t make any difference. I tap the mode, and choose a mode, and then it should be applied? (Phone is rooted, but that should not affect?)

Which phone do you have. Seems that bluetooth low energy isn’t implemented well in the firmware of the phone. Do me a favour and try to change the mode with another phone.

Oneplus One with Lineage ROM and Boeffla kernel. I will try with my tablet tomorrow.

I had the exact same issue a few weeks ago. Changed phone, problem solved.