EXTENDED ACKMANIAC-ESC Tool based on VESC-Tool

The data has always been there. The question is what you make from the data set and how you display it. Have a look at the mobile VESC-Tool. You have access to all data from all VESCs in an array and the software combines all data from all VESCs to a useful and accurate set of data. This way you don’t only use the data from one VESC to project for example estimated range and Wh usage. This bit was a bit tricky to code.

I know VESC-tool and I have been using telemetry for a while. I was actually surprise that the current apps don’t work with Unity, but yeh I guess is a way to dissociate from the other competitors.

1 Like

Sure, but most of it is still Vedder Code. The difference is in using a single processor to run two ESCs. This is fundamentally against compatibility and locks you to use a special, modified software fork of VESC-Tool. For app developers it’s not a lot of fun to code for different software solutions. In my eyes it’s better to work on one consistent software release that is max compatible.

Sure I agree. A single software would be the best. But then why dual esc like Flipsky are compatible? I though that the main problem was the HM10 module since with nrf like metr also unity works.

Because these dual ESCs are made in a way that they are software compatible. Two supported processors run two supported DRV chips. The module needs to be NRF 51 or 52 based. HM10 is to slow for FW updates and reliable RT data.

I think enertion made the decision to build the unity with a single proc for price-ability. It’s much cheaper to buy a Unity for a dual motor setup than x2 Trampa VESC’s.

The divergence from vesc tool compatibility is also a product of building a better and cheaper controller. When you force people to change hardware from a solution that has worked for years you can expect some pushback.

While technically correct your talking about seconds for updates and microseconds for real time data, it’s not even a concern.

1 Like

The unity uses an nrf52 module anyways for clarity :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is there a way that you make the UART signal for the external port compatible for hm10 module. Like it was for focbox so that other telemetry software would work. At least meanwhile you release the own Unity app for telemetry. I think a lot will appreciate it. I sure will :grin:

It is already compatible, just set the correct baud rate (9600 for hm10 I think)

What about the internal one?

Yeh I would be happy if that would be enough. I have been using hm module for more then a year and works on all type of vesc. For unity it doesn’t. It connect one ofut of 20 times and when is connect the signal drops within 10 sec. I am talking about @Ackmaniac app in my case. Being using the app with vesc 4.12, focbox, Flipsky 6.6 never a problem. I love unity but if would be possible to get it work would be great. I am not the only one that found incompatibility between the two.

I remember reading the packet format changed on the unity. The old packet format is available but the app has to make a call for it. So it’s up to ackmaniac.

1 Like

I finally got a chance to switch from ack 3.103 to 3.102! Ack app works! Woohoo. Thanks

I can connect successfully, change settings and what not. But I am getting error 178 on the main screen. Searched for error 178 on here. Nothing comes up.

Screenshot_20190411-152526

Error 178.

1 Like

Guess your module has issues sending multiple packages directly after another. that also explains why it doesn’t work with version 3.103 where there is a additional packet for the realtime data. But it also could be your phones issue. Maybe test it with another phone if you get Error: 178 as well.

1 Like

Where can I download windows binaries for old versions? 3.100-3.102

I’m trying to use the iPhone eSkate VESC app but I don’t think it’s compatible with the current version.

Anyone using eSkate VESC on Ackmaniac firmware?

[EDIT] Found the problem, had to set UART baud rate to 115200

Update:

I tried also a different phone. Same error 178. Everything works but I get that error.

Could you please tell me where to download specific fw version like 3.102, 3.103? Maybe If I switch fw version the metr pro module will start working cause I can fully only use Metr and perimetr apps with ackmaniac fw, ackmaniac esc tool phone app will show the module but won’t connect to it.

Here you go. Version 3.103 should be in github.

THank you very much, where do you find these FW versions? I looked everywhere, couldn’t find anything pretty much.

1 Like