EXTENDED ACKMANIAC-ESC Tool based on VESC-Tool

Appreciate it, thx.

Does anyone still have Ackmaniac 3.101 Firmware somewhere ? I would like to use this one as it is supported by the metr.at app - and I canā€™t get the ackmaniac tool to work on my android phone. Thanks

1 Like

Metr supports Ackmaniac 3.102 fw.

If you have the old metr module and updated your phone to android 8 the old metr wont work anymore. Then you need the metr pro.

1 Like

Thanks for the replyā€¦ I have Android 8 and with Ackmaniac 3.102 I canā€™t write the Modes anymoreā€¦ However I tried 3.100 and it works without problems (i have the old metr.at module). So I wanted to try if 3.101 is working as well as 3.100ā€¦ If not I will just stay on 3.100

Thats weird that the old metr module works on android 8. I couldnt even get the old module to connect with my phone with android 8. (Samsung s7). Got a metr pro and i use the modes feature all the time with the ackmaniac 3.102.

If you use canbus use the 3.101 with the fixed braking problem that the 3.100 had.

1 Like

I donā€™t use the canbus - I also have a S7 Edge with the newest Android. So I will keep 3.100 then. It is essential for me to be able to switch to a ā€œlockedā€ mode when my board will only reach a maximum of 16 km/h in Case I ever get pulled by the police.

Yeah i also have a mode called ā€œpoliceā€. Then the board is slow as a turtle no matter how much you push the throttle :joy:

1 Like

So wait. Metro pro works w ackmaniac? FW 3.102? How did you get it to work?

Yes it works? Why wouldnt it? :stuck_out_tongue: Metr pro supports most fwĀ“s

1 Like

What theā€¦ I just checked. I have FW 3.103. Iā€™ll play w this again tonight.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi guys.

Anyone know if thereā€™s been any advance on changing modes for ackmaniac Vesc monitor for Android.

Last time I checked it wasnā€™t possible to change modes when using ADC. (Iā€™m using Bluetooth hm-10 module)

Oh waite, sorry, Iā€™ve just looked back on the posts and it looks like you can!! Excellent. Update to 3.103.

I have mixed results on researching whether vesc6 is compatible with ackmaniac firmware. I donā€™t want to try upload it as I donā€™t have ST-Link.

Is it compatible?

I used for months with Flipsky6.6 and it worked fine.

2 Likes

Yaaasss! So stoked. I really like this firmware.

1 Like

Itā€™s really nice. Pity it is not unity compatible.

1 Like

Yea. Not really impressed w unity. Itā€™s convenient and all but I like redundancy on my setup. Additionally w dual Vesc, you can easily add peripherals w extra ports from the second Vesc. I might be selling mine pretty soon.

1 Like

I keep unity because it save so much spaceā€¦ Enertion will release a similar telemetry app. The question is when? :thinking:

It does! But I have no issues w space at the moment. :+1:t4:

1 Like

The telemetry is coded already, Benjamin has nailed that in VESC-Tool. Unity runs of modified VESC code, but they made the decision to create incompatibilities, so that users canā€™t use VESC-Tool. Until you can enjoy the new VESC-Tool features in the Enertion VESC-Tool fork it may take a while, depending on how fast they can integrate the Vedder Code.

2 Likes

Thank you for the explanation. So the data are all there, the part missing in the software to show them.