EXTENDED ACKMANIAC-ESC Tool based on VESC-Tool

3.103 is in here, called VESC_default.bin

That file can only be used on hardware 4.10, 4.11, and 4.12 ONLY

2 Likes

Is there a change log anywhere? Think I’m on v3101… Flashed it last summer ~june-aug…

Im currently trying to upload new firmware but it gives me this message. What am i doing wrong? Its a focbox image

It says that because the focbox restarts when upload is done. Normal behavior. Check the f/w version, it should be whatever you just uploaded.

1 Like

Ahh thans bud :+1: It kept tricking me cause it kept saying old firmware but i see 3.102 is “old” i guess

You gotta upload the f/w that came with the respective tool you downloaded or the tool will keep thinking it’s old

1 Like

I just went for the newest version of ackmaniac’s esc tool. And tried the in app options and a link someone posted with the 3.102?

the app comes with the firmware, 3.103 is the lates version. If you download it you only need to go to firmware and upload, no need to download any firmware separately.

Tried plugging it in again to see what happens now it doesn’t connect. Any idea?

Is the part in the firmware for the nrf remotes the same as in the original from Vedder? Will the new Vesc remote be supported?

Quick question(noobie here) duel Focbox setup. Do I input half the total desired battery max into each Focbox? 40a + 40a if I’m shooting for 80?

No motor max is not split. The battery max and min are.

Whoops . I meant battery max . So split the battery max then . Got it . Thank you much !

While your here… If my motor max is 80a and my battery max is 40a, am I only actually getting 40amps to that motor?

No no motor max is different. Leave at the max current allowed from your motor if you want max output. Search in the forum you will find the physics behind it, but basically motor max can be way higher then battery max

SWEET!

So here’s a scenario. I get a battery built. He uses the “Tiny BMS “ for both charge and discharge. He tells me set esc to 80a battery max. I set up the Focboxes and use 80a motor max, and also 80a battery max, on each Focbox. I rode it until the battery was empty without issue. Is this perhaps from the BMS protection, or the 130a absolute max setting which brings both Focboxes back down to 65a?

Benjamin’s VESC-Tool works for the new remotes and App connectivity. Frequent FW updates will be available to unlock new features step by step. Ben’s App will keep you updated and will tell you when new stuff is available.

1 Like

I think something is wrong there. Please list specs:

• Battery type configuration ecc… es 12s4p 30Q cells
  • Which BMS…Tiny and high discarge is not possible. I want to see it
  • Motor you use.

Then I will tell you :wink:

12s5p Sanyo 20700B Tiny BMS s516 - 150A/750A Duel Focbox-achmaniac firmware 6374 190kv 3550w

Settings for today’s 22 -mile ride. Each Focbox- Motor max 80 Battery max 80 Battery min -60 Regen -20 Absolute max 130a

Focboxes reached a high of 60c and my battery lasted for 22miles/35km.

I was just trying to figure out what my battery builder meant when he told me set battery max to 80a.

So he meant 40a on each Focbox then ya?

1 Like

Ah ok TIny is the name :joy: My bad, Anyway it’s a 60A discharge BMS that were the 60 you measure comes from.

Anyhow if you have 80A total from the battery then split it in 2, same for battery min.