EXTENDED ACKMANIAC-ESC Tool based on VESC-Tool

Did you adjust the throttle correctly and did you upload the firmware fo VESC 6? Never had a Escape ESC so have no experience.

I think so. It goes from approx 1000 to 2000us with 1500 as center. Itā€™s rideable but I just feel way less secure on the throttle as itā€™s so brutal both on and off compared to stock firmware. If I move my thumb slowly itā€™s no problem :smiley:

Firmware is uploaded and showing as 102 I think it was.

Question is if it shows the correct hardware version. The brakes are more powerful because the software calculates the brake power in a different way. Original firmware does it in a strange way which only makes sense when you set motor min and batter min to the same value. But that doesnā€™t make sense when you havenā€™t got a battery that can handle 60A charge current. If it is too strong then just reduce the motor amp values and you can also adjust the throttle curve to your needs.

1 Like

Ok that makes sense. The breaks is only a good thing really I just need to be aware of it but the throttle was a bit notchy. Will try to play some with the throttle curve and maybe try watt control and see if that makes a difference.

I donā€™t think anything is wrong itā€™s just very different :slight_smile:

Hello, I used VESC before. I have only recently discovered this great software. But I will show this warning after connecting. My VESC firmware is 3.38, how can I eliminate this warning? Or ignore it?%E6%8D%95%E8%8E%B714

When you want to use my firmware mod then you also need to install the firmware for that tool. My mod is currently available in version 3.102. 3.38 is the original firmware by Vedder.

Sorry, I am stupid. This V4 is the finished product I bought, I donā€™t know how to change the firmware. Forgive me, I am a newbie. Can you give a few pictures or a text description? Thank you for replying to me.

Click where it says firmware assuming you have a bootloader you will need to know the hardware version of the board like the torque board vesc and focbox are both 4.12 so you would find the selection for your vesc version and load the default firmware.

Iā€™ll think about it. Thank you for your reply.

I know how to use it on VESC TOOL, but there is something wrong with ESC TOOL.Thank you for your enthusiasm.

If you know how to use vesc tool the @Ackmaniac tool is pretty much the same. And saying ā€œIā€™ll think about itā€ is a little put offish for people who are trying to help you. You said your self you are stupid and we are trying to show you how to update your firmware but if you dont want to update your firmware so you can use the tool so forget it

Sorry, I will be careful about the way I speak. Thanks for your reminder

I have a problem if I set up my vesc to current mode. In current mode I can drive forward and backwards. If I simulate a signal loss by switch of my remote the break apply and after reaching 4000erpm the wheels start to spin backwards. How to adjust the settings that in case of signal loss the board will just break or roll out? My timeout is set to 1000ms and 0A. I tried it with different remotes. Did fail safe set up of the remote and adjustment in the app settings. So everything should be centered.

1 Like

When the timeout current is set to 0 then the timeout does nothing else then giving no throttle. Problem is that the remote receivers fail safe sends a valid signal for going backwards. So please check the signal in the tool when the remote is off and adjust it if it is wrong.

ok thx! i found out that on the gt2b remote the trigger poti changed positionā€¦ i tried to adjust, but even with max adjustment i still have a small chigger of the motor (better now but not gone). i run now in current no reverse as it only break a bit when signal los but donā€™t start to move the motor backwards.

You can also adjust the failsafe far away from the normal positions. To do that turn the poti for example completely to the left and then adjust your pulse width settings. After that turn your poti completely to the opposite direction and increase the pulsewith by holding the trigger to go as far away from the normal pulse with signals as possible. Then adjust the failsafe in that position. Because if the vesc detect a pulsewith that is more than 20% away from the normal positions it detects it as a signal loss. And for example for 1.00 min, 1.5 center and 2 max 20% away would be below 0.8 or above 2.2. Hope that is understandable.

Still a bit confusing. I just donĀ“t get the fail safe signal set to the center position of my pulsewith (min is -11% which still gives a small impulse to the motors). I donĀ“t understand how to set the failsaife according to your description. I made like this: 1.poti max left 2.center pulswith with app 3.poti max right 4.put the trigger to the max away from pulswith (would be max backwards/break) 5.switch off vesc plug pairing plug and switch on system in the max trigger position.

I think I got something wrong, as when I do like this the failsaife of the remote is set to 100% break and in current mode it would spin the motors backwards with all they can.

Here you can see how to adjust the failsafe with the little button on the receiver. No need to switch off the vesc.

1 Like

Thought failsafe on the GT2B is set up like the mini remote in time when it get paired:sweat_smile: Didnā€™t see the button on the receiverā€¦will check that after work. should be the solution! Thank you for your time!