EXTENDED ACKMANIAC-ESC Tool based on VESC-Tool

Hey guys, wondering if i can get a few suggestions. Installed new ackmaniac fw. Now i can’t get any data from the Bluetooth. I try and says esc not connected. Checked wiring, all good. This worked perfectly with bldc tool. Uninstalled the app and reinstalled. Ppm +Uart as far as i can tell as control. Just on a mono drive. App sees the module, but module not getting any info from the vesc. Has anybody had thus problem and found a fix? Gonna hit the hay here. Ill follow up tomorrow. Thanks in advance!

Did you set the baudrate rate to 9600bps?

It appeared to be at that rate. I’m gonna hook it up. Fuck sleep. Edit: Easy fix. Should have paid closer attention. Forgot to write app configs after changing it. That’s a big ole solid DERP. Was only ppm. no uart. K I’m better now. Have a god night y’all!

6 Likes

Need help!, im using ackmaniac in 4.12 and its all good, now i have 6.6 and its working (current fw), i tried to update fw with ackmaniac but got I/O error, i even update bootloader via vesc tool, then update fw but same thing happen, how can i update thw fw?, thanks!

Increase the duty value from 5 to 8. Not sure why in VESC tool i had to do this and not in BLDC tool.

It also seems bugged because sometimes when i re-run the detection it will fail when set to 8 after it was just successful.

There is actually a setting in the vesc to counter this, “limit top speed with negative torque” i think it’s called. You set the max speed to some value that your board can actually reach and then the vesc will automatically apply the brakes so that you can’t go faster that that.

2 Likes

finally got it running to 6.x HW, on my phone it says “ESc not connected”, what should i do?, even re install the app.

you probably didnt set it up as PPM and UART

i did, maybe its the module, my other board got connected, ill check it out…

it the module blinking or constant

1 Like

Blinking when not connected, Constant whne connected to the phone (but no data on phone)

Is there a iphone version for the app? I tried to install the app on my samsung s5 but it can’t detect the bluetooth module. I updated the phone to Android 8.1 and it still doesn’t find the module… Ios would just be so much easier :smiley:

I see that my device supports bluetooth smart but not peripheral mode. is that the problem?

edit2: forgot to mention that it works fine on a iphone x (yes I have disconnected the iphone app when I try the android)

i had the same problem, i just forgot to set the connection type from PPM to PPM and UART.

1 Like

thanks! im gonna re do my vesc setup…

Had same problem the other night. Setting was only ppm. Selected ppm+uart and remembered to 'write to app '. Worked fine after.

1 Like

@Ackmaniac hey i just found an option for max charge in mobile app. Did i understand this correctly that if i charge my board, i have a bms, it will only charge my pack to x,xx volt/cell , so basicly like a programmable bms? Does it require the the app to be active the entire chargetime or is it more like set it and forget it=?

Nope. I don’t know exactly what that setting does or where you found it. I guess it has to do with brake charging.

It definitely has nothing to do with you charging your battery through the bms.

when you are connected via bluetooth to your esc, you see all the squares with Speed, Volt, Power, Temp, ect ect, all your real time data from the esc. If you tap volt you get the pop up.

I tried this tool with its firmware yesterday and went from stock current control to ackmaniac current control and now the throttle is mad sensitive… Before I could go full throttle without problems but now it’s almost throwing me off and it’s very aggressive on the brakes. Settings are as before 60/-60 motor amps, 40/-10 battery amps. Setup is raptor 2 hubs on 12S Escape (vesc6)

Whaaaaat! Fuckin A! Any idea if Enertion is using your firmware for Raptor 2s?

I haven’t poked around yet, but I use the app for it and it works fine.