EXTENDED ACKMANIAC-ESC Tool based on VESC-Tool

Tested out this firmware today, tested it on a single drive. Its smooth and nice def more controllable! I do miss some off the aggressiveness but this can be cuz i only tried it with one motor and the last test what with dual.

Im running sensorless but with this fw its like running sensored from a dead stop, its super nice! Cant wait to test it with dual motors

I just want to confirm that if you are running the app on the master vesc and it is connected with the slave, via CAN, then all the modifications made in the app are updated on the slave too. Cool! No need to open the enclosure to change the vesc setting anymore.

Yeah thats dope! I dont dare to run CAN anymore toughā€¦last time i did a burnt a drv chip. But it could be that i was had bad luck.

Maybe i will try CAN someday again, that feature is awesomeā€¦

otherwise you can connect a bluetooth module to each vesc :rofl: I hope I wonā€™t occur in the same problem :disappointed_relieved: why a CAn connection would lead to a DRV error? Just out of curiosity.

Dont know but there are alot of people having issues with can. Do a search and you find tons. But there are also people that have great sucess with CAN.

Im running split ppm at the moment just because of this. But i do miss the feature of information from 2 vescā€¦

Hey @Bjork3n , so you are saying that you have stutter free motor from dead stop with ackmaniack fw, with sensorles motors? May i ask, what motor you are using, and what settings :grinning:

Just tested the original vesc fw 3.35 on my board with 2x focbox / sk3 6364 190kv(sensorles), and got at lot of stutter in foc mode from dead stop, almost as much as in bldc mode. Big disappointment, so i switch back to bldc mode, because i think the responsnes and acceleration/brakes felt better.

Thats correct, its amazing. Using 6355 190kv motors.
Motormax 60A Battery max 30A Start up boost 0.05

75kg.

Will post a video in 30min!

1 Like

6355 sk3ā€™s ? What makes ackmaniackā€™s fw better than stock fw, regarding stutter from 0 km/h on sensorles ? I think start Up boost : 0.05 is pretty default right ? My battery max and motor max is the same on mine (on stock vesc fw 3.35)

Dont know but it did notice that the power is not as jerky as with the stock fw. Maybe thats what making it better.

Sensorless start

2 Likes

Did some more testing after some charge and still impressed. If you like to throttle out of corner this Firmware is a must! Now its all smooth out of the turn, before you had to brace yourself cuz you never knew when the power would kick in! Amazing work, just amazingā€¦

1 Like

deleted 10 char

Switched to ackmaniac fw from stock fw

quick question, can the 2.54 firmware update from this mod be applied to Vesc-x? I know it works for original vesc but not sure if the vesc-x will work. Has anyone tried it?

Also, huge thanks to @Ackmaniac for making this BLDC tool mod, very nicely done!!

The version 3.100 is more advanced then 2.54 version. I know it is confusing. Of course it works with VESC-X a.k.a FOCBOX

1 Like

Just a quick check before I setup my focboxes, the wizards for both motor and controller works just like in the standard vesc tool? No bugs anymore? Found a post from a while back saying there was some issues with the wizards and focboxes is this resolved? Going to try Canbus again and will use the wizard to get all the settings right . Thanks

My version didnā€™t have a issue with the focbox. Actually I was the one that fixed that problem.

6 Likes

Never fails to impress :clap:

@Ackmaniac just to be clear, version 3.100 comes from here, is this correct?

I think itā€™s the one in Dropbox named as ESC-tool (3.100) @b264