EXTENDED ACKMANIAC-ESC Tool based on VESC-Tool

@Tuomalar There is no firmware in there and no source code

I got mine from the link in the first post, unless you are looking for something else.

I looked there and itā€™s all 2.54

:arrow_up: this is the one I am looking for

Itā€™s not in thereā€¦

Compiled firmware looks like VESC_default.bin and firmware looks like main.c

This is why I am asking @Ackmaniac since he is recommending this thing which I canā€™t find

1 Like

install the tool, firmware tab, the latest is there for flashing

I am asking @Ackmaniac. And what you said is not true because it doesnā€™t run and there is no source.

This ESC Tool works but I canā€™t find the 3.100 firmware he is referring to.

oh you want the source, yes ask him

1 Like

Hi guys, I really need some help, Iā€™m stuck:

Dual per can bus setup (focboxes) Mini remote Foc mode

Arranged all this to get cruise control and, ironically I got it alone now: When I pull the trigger mini start in cruise control mode (have to break to decrease speed), steering wheel doesnā€™t work. Advices?

MASTER

SLAVE

Binding is ok, I followed this:

Throttle is in Ch2 And Cruise in Ch3

questions?

At the master you need your normal control mode like current control and at the slave you need to select the control mode with cruise. So the opposite of yours.

1 Like

sorry Ack I changed the photos in order to enhance the quality while you were helping me. Maybe I inverted some photos. But now they are in order. Can you check again? Because I was sure I had already followed your indications: I set

Master = 0 = ā€œCurrent no reverse with brakesā€ Slave = 1 = ā€œcruise control via slaveā€

I re-set these value once more to be sure after your comment and I got a weird behaviour: just touching the throttle caused the motors to spin at max speed. Couldnā€™t brake. Iā€™m clueless

You need to connect Channel 1 to the slave vesc and not channel 3. Just a tip, set a high deadband like 50% for the slave so that cruise really only activates when the wheel is turned a lot.

By the way, to all Vesc 6 owners. Donā€™t use the ppm cruise function because it can brake your ppm pins. Focbox and other which are based on Vesc 4 hardware seems to be fine.

2 Likes

Thank you Ackmaniac. It works!!!

Sorry if thas was covered already, but on this tool how do I set a Soft RPM Limit to limit my maximum speed ?

Thank you

1 Like

Sorry if this was already asked. But I couldnā€™t find it.

I finally got to the point of this build to program the FocBoxes. Everything went well until I realized the motors were going on the wrong direction. I went to swap the phase wires and the motor just seem to cog. I guess itā€™s becuase of the hall sensors?

I know thereā€™s a reverse motor direction function but can find it!

Iā€™m running FOC if that makes a difference.

1 Like

Do the motor detection again after you swap the wires

1 Like

Thanks. Iā€™ll try that later. Has it always been like that? I remember just flipping two phase wire did the trick

I think if you are not using sensors it might not matter. If you are using sensors youā€™ll need to recalibrate everything

2 Likes

@b264 is right. If you are running for it hybrid you need to redo the detection without wheels mounted for it to be ultra accurate. With bldc it doesnā€™t matter if you switch phase wires assuming thereā€™s no obstructions in the can.

2 Likes