Evolve GT | Problems & Solutions

I have an idea that might help you. I think that the motor sensor wires got disconnected (for that motor). This fits the symptom you see of the motor trying to move and stopping (because there is no feedback). I think that may have happened when you changed the wheel settings (pulling on the wires will do that).

What I suggest is to open the board (from the top), look at the section where the wires come in and hook into the control board, and push the connectors back in place.

Something similar happened to me and that fixed it. Send some pictures while it is open. Also, I put some hotglue on the place where the wire harness gets into the body, with the hope that that will prevent the wires from accidentally pulling out (I’m not sure it will work but it will not do harm…) HTH

1 Like

I had the same problem and contacted Evolve Aus.

Got the following reply from Nick.

"What percentage was the board at when this happened?

If the board percentage drops below 30% (may be 20%) the mode will change back to ECO to conserve power, and stop the board from running the percentage to 0% and turning off."

My original remote never ever did that.

I was having connection problems, so sent my new spare remote back and wrote an additional note on the parts return/work authorization sheet asking them to remove the auto switch to ECO as I can do that myself.

1 Like

Hi guys I never build electric skateboard but there’s a lot of you here with experience in it and I would like to know if you think it’s possible to swap the evolve motor controller and remote for vesc with a rf remote and receiver and keep the evolve battery and motors on carbon and bamboo gt? Since all the random cut out, signal lost, shut down (I got all this issues with my boards) I’m not so confident with the board now. Thanks

You’ll need 2 VESCs, never seen anyone done that but should be possible and would be an upgrade and while doing that, maybe replace the battery aswell… But If you do this DIY-stuff, there is no point in buying a 2000 Eur board and modify it. You can build a similar board for about half the price. People paid a lot of money and can expect Evolve to fix their stupid connection-problems.

Heard back from Evolve.

"We do not have the capacity to custom program the remotes. I can’t stop it from switch to ECO mode at lower battery percentage.

If you are definitely wanting this function, I would need to send you an older remote.

Let me know how you would like to proceed."

I opted for an older remote. At least there is a choice to switch over.

Hi everyone, I got my first electric longboard today, bamboo GT, today and took it for a ride! This thing is awesome but I’ve got a few questions and hope I might be able to hear some opinions from other riders. I started in slow but quickly bumped up to fast and GT, which were awesome. After around 4 miles of cruising I started up a long but small hill. I was crushing at about 18 mph, thinking how cool this thing was when about 3/4 of the way up the hill it threw me off the front(lost power??) I had pads on and managed to not hurt myself but it was an awakening… this thing could seriously hurt me.

When I started riding again I noticed it was in ECO mode, I am sure I was in GT while going up the hill. On the rest of my ride back I watched the remote and the battery levels were all over the place, it would show as low as 12% and then at times it would jump back to mid 50%'s. And a few more times it switched back to ECO mode on me. By the time I was almost back home it seemed like the battery was dead, but when I would stop the battery was showing over 40% but by the way it was preforming im pretty sure if I had to go any further I would have been walking. Are these typical experiences when the battery is getting low? My overall ride was around 5 miles and I was testing out all the modes? I had the AT tires on.

Better live in a pretty flat area like me and not be a fat ass at the same time. Even with 20T(pretty big jump) motor pulleys (stock is 15T), my CGT has been running fast and strong, with absolutely no signs of slowing down. If I lived in a hilly area, I would probably just run the Kegels (80mm) plus the optional 38T drive gears (but top speed would slow as hell, maybe 90mm flywheels). If it still doesn’t work, then I would burn this thing like firewood and go DIY (well…I actually have a build coming my way soon)

The percentage issue is normal. The battery percentage is pretty useless most of the time. I simply look at the trip meter haha. I already know how many miles I can ride and pretty much ignore the battery percentage meter.

4 Likes

OMG!!! My Carbon GT arrived in pieces!!! It’s broken and the box DAMAGED everywhere!! This is UNREAL! I can’t believe I have to go through this! I bought this and haven’t even rode it other than 20min the first day I got it and then sent it right back because of a motor problem the SAME DAY and now this!! UPS and customs FU%$#^ it UP! I hope Evolve has insurance on the shipping because I am out of a board & my money now!!! They better give me my money back or send me out a BRAND NEW one IMMEDIATELY otherwise I will call my credit card company for a charge back. :frowning: .I have attached photos…man I can’t believe my luck damn!!

1 Like

Ask @BoardSportsRN how he got his money back. Evolve should definitely take care of this. If you get your money back, just build a Trampa EMTB and never look back.

So, I purchased an Evolve Carbon GT from Evolve USA I live in Canada, I waited 2 months and finally got it but when it arrived I got to ride it for 20min or so during day & night but there was an issue with the remote and with one of the motors and it eventually stopped working that same day it arrived! Needless to say I sent it back! I waited another 2 weeks and today Dec 1 2016 it arrived. My mother-in-law was home I came an hour after it showed up and the product was now worse than ever. The box was completely destroys, the board was broken, I took many photos and video to show them plus I filed a UPS claim on their behalf and I’m sure they will get their money back but refuse to compensate ME!!

Evolve emailed me back today and they said that they will NOT be giving me a full replacement board OMG! I thought I read somewhere that they had great customer service! I guess so much for that!! This is part of their response and this is after they told me to file a claim with UPS which I did immediately…

"Hi Chris, Great! We have filed the claim on this end as well.

I can understand your frustration, I will be sending a replacement base plate first thing tomorrow morning so you can get back to carving again!

Please note, as we are not at fault for the unfortunate damage to your board, I am unable to fulfill your request for a complete replacement."

I DON’T want a replacement base plate I only wanted a NEW Carbon Fiber Board which is what I PAID for and they are refusing to do so even though we both filed a claim from which Evolve will get compensated I’m sure! Needless to say I will call my Amex and get my money back I am a very loyal customer with them and they will do what is necessary for me since my purchases yearly are in excess of $100K.

I am not happy at all to say the least very bad customer support & a horrible experience I advise anyone here to stay away regardless of how good you think their boards are…I also paid over and above the incoming FEES for duties and taxes on the REPAIRS that they did on the motor that went bad! They put an astronomical price for repairs on the bill so the government charged me TAX on those repairs coming back INTO Canada WTF? Why would Evolve do that? I am out of pocket money close to $3000USD now because I even bought other things from them to compliment the board like lights, wheels, fast charger etc and this is what I get! SHAME on you EVOLVE!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAa4M07bCyE

1 Like

They should replace that for you ASAP. Extremely bad service if they don’t. Reading some bad reviews with Evolve customer support.

I am not a DIY kinda guy I wish I was.

@magnetvox you got flagged by me not @BoardSportsRN. Please calm down.

1 Like

Wth just happened. @HI-DEF-DEPOT completely got screwed over and I would be totally pissed off if I was him. He absolutely deserves a completely new board or a full refund. It looks like even the damaged trucks themselves scratched up portions of the CF deck. Now, I know its a skateboard and it will eventually get scratched anyways but still, he paid for a new board and if anything, the only acceptable damages would be ones caused by himself.

I tagged @BoardSportsRN because he was able to get a refund. How he got it, I don’t know. Thats why I tagged him because he knows how.

Sorry for causing all this trouble, we can all get along I hope. BoardSportsRN hates Evolve while I absolutely love my CGT (tho I can’t say I love Evolve as a company as I have had problems dealing with their customer service myself) and we get along.

1 Like

having seen this - instead of returning whole board - I would ask for parts exchange and do it myself

1 Like

You’re not the one who paid $3000 with all the extras I bought from them and the board is badly scratched too boot…I never owned it for more than half a day and when it arrived I had a dead remote and had to wait 48hrs for the remote’s battery to die to try & reset it so it started off bad from the start then the board was hiccuping every now & then while riding in the day but I let it slide because I thought it may be because I didn’t charge it & needed a full charge but that was not the case, it had a bad motor which they replaced granted when I shipped it back to them only for it to arrive back to me in pieces :frowning:

I ONLY want a NEW WORKING board which is what I paid for or my money back, this is called bad customer service as if it was my fault I got a lemon from the start & then to add fuel to the fire someone tampers with the box as per the photos you can clearly see and destroys the board in the meantime and I have to be stuck with this?

Let’s face it they have insurance with UPS we both filed a claim so that they can get paid for the damages so why are they being like this? They should replace it INSTANTLY if they want to be known as a great company.

2 Likes

yeah because i had mine 3 weeks the mount came loose, the motor mount harness pushed up into the motor and it was ruined!! $205 later and im back in action so thats the best advice anyone can give!!!