Evolve GT | Problems & Solutions

Has the fix stayed in place? I have the same issue, will try it. Do you know if the threads are just into the carbon fibre or is there a metal insert or something like that in there?

1 Like

Yeah I am having the same issue as well! I hoping to try loctite to get it to stay but we will see.

I tried red loctite, no result although I may not have been patient enough to let it dry

My Carbon GT arrived after a wait of almost 2 months and what a bummer :frowning:

I just received my Carbon GT and I am so disappointed the remote wonā€™t do anything, it is stuck with the screen light on and nothing on the screen other than the white light :frowning: I have attached a photo. I wish those guys checked everything before shipping out. I waited so long I am not sure I want to wait and ship it back for a fix. I charged it and still nothing on the screen other than the white light.

Removing the 4 screws on the back of the remote so that I can open it is just impossible, I tried unscrewing a couple of screws and they just strip and wonā€™t turn so that even isnā€™t an option :frowning: and yes I have the right tools to remove the screws and used the proper screw driver but they are in there so tight that there is no possible way, I managed to remove only 1 screw out of the 4 so I gave up :frowning:

Just an unhappy customer after such a long wait the least these guys could have done was test it before shipping :frowning:

Anyone else had this issue? Is there a fix for it? Any info appreciated

Chris

1 Like

Contact Evolve, send a photo if necessary and demand a replacement remote to be sent to you ASAP.

Thx, I did that last night still waiting for a response

PM sent and thx for the offer.

Just opened mine and have the same issueā€¦ keep me updated with what you find out.

I got a response from them and this is what they told meā€¦and btw, it did fix it & now works fine I took the board out for testing put over 20KM already & the problem did not return thank goodnessā€¦

"Hi Chris,

From the one time we saw it happen, the customer informed us it took 24-48 hours at the most to die, then he charged up with no issue. Hopefully its the same !

Just let us know if otherwise.

Thank you kindly, Brandon"

So let it die then re-charge it & voila you should be good to go.

After a long wait to get my remote to work again I made my first ride in the day & then my 1st ride at night links below.

This is the Evolve Carbon GT that I just received and took it out on my 1st ride and used a Sony FDR-X3000 to shoot it in 4K which also sports a built in BOSS (balance optical steady shot) which is 10X better than any other camera with optical stabilization period. The Carbon GT Electric Longboard is really something, a true winner imo. It is not cheap either, the cost of this board which is really a 2 in 1 due to the ability to switch from street wheels to the all terrain wheels, is north of $2200USD and I bought it because I liked the looks of it but also to put it through some testing against our Hoverfly longboard that we manufacture at less than half the cost with the same 3000W of power and Carbon Fiber as well, you can see it at www.hoverflylongboard.com and at www.hidefdepot.com but I am waiting for our version 2.0 to arrive before doing any tests.

The comfort of the all terrain wheels is something to behold. You can ride just about wherever you want and never have to worry about a rough ride. The max speed I got with the AT wheels was 34km/h and the total distance on my first charge with these wheels was 15.9km and I weigh 215lbs. I have the street wheels as well which I have yet to try the Evolve GT 83mm wheels and I also bought the Abec 11 97mm Flywheels to boot which are the wheels they claim will propel me to 43km/h with a total distance of 50km but I have yet to try any of the street wheels yet as this was my 1st day out with the board and it was Presidential Election night & I want to congratulate President Trump!

Here is my 1st ride with this board daytime video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ob6fN1FNOQ

and here is my 1st night ride with this board

2 Likes

I received my Bamboo Gt 2 in 1 and ran it yesterday. Took 2-3 hours to charge. Came with the AT wheels installed, remote paired & set to wheel/gear size for the odometer/speedometer. I like everything about it better the my boosted, with the possible exception of the remote. Even after cutting the index finger of my glove down for direct feel, itā€™s a little abrupt/sensitive. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll adjust to it. The GT turns/carves much better than the Boosted (Iā€™m 210 lbs and canā€™t turn the BB around on a 2 lane street). The GT is more maneuverable around corners, and the AT wheels are awesome-great traction and very comfortable compared the the BB wheels. The reduction in shock and vibration provides much more traction and confidence. To me, the option to use different wheels is huge. Range is miles better than the BB with standard battery. So far, Iā€™m considering selling the BB. Will test further before final decision.

Second day now with my Carbon GT and one of the motors is dead :frowning: this has been very frustrating to say the least after such a long wait I had issues with my remote first which is now fixed and now one of the motors is not spinning. I changed from AT to street & the motor suddenly stopped :frowning:

I tried calling Evolveā€™s USA landline but it keeps going to an answering machine, I left a message & emailed them too I guess this will have to go back darn what an experience. Not so sure I even want it now I will ask for a refund Iā€™ve read now even more reviews online and people are having all sorts of issues too so itā€™s not just me.

1 Like

Did you remove the belt after the motor died? because you are missing a belt in the picture.

Yes I removed it

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, HDD. Question: Is it normal for the board to drop down to ECO from GT when the battery gets low? Canā€™t find anything in the manual, or online, that addresses this. I did just call Evolve USA, and also had to leave a message. Hopefully they are busy with orders, and not evolve problems.

1 Like

Yes as the battery level drops it will drop to a lower speed hence changing it on the remote automatically. If you wait 10 seconds or so as the battery builds you can go back up to a faster speed again but only for a short time and then all over again.

1 Like

Evolve emailed me back the unit needs to go back here is what the motor is doing

This is what the motor is doing after it failed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCUkVZBlkF0

1 Like