eSk8Tube Video thread

Thanks for posting that. Got a good laugh watching it. I know my videos are not very good now but there gonna get better. Its a little scary holding an $800 iphone in your hand going 20+ mph on a skateboard. Trying to hold it horz would be begging to drop it. I really just need to get a go pro and redo my vids.

1 Like

my electric carver with a cx-7 front truck, 283kv turnigy 120A esc geared 8-22

8 Likes

i was alone at home . well , always alone in fact . aaaaaaand while watching Vertical Video Syndrome about Mila Kunis ~ BURST OUT SPEWING MY HALF INGESTED 3~in~1 coffee all over my coffee table . is it your own video ? or some youtuber ? omg , hillarious ! neighbors will think i’m CRAZY ! the fact that i live alone .

1 Like

Don’t make it complicated or expensive.

GoPro4 iMovie I created this music…

That’s it mate…I don’t even go to a computer. Just have fun riding and filming :facepunch:t2:

4 Likes

:ok_hand:t2: you look happy :+1:t2:

1 Like

Hey can you fit a sandwich in there ? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::pizza::hotdog::taco::hamburger:

1 Like

You don’t need anything fancy! The Hero Session is a great choice if you want good video at a low price! Also, look into some of the base model GoPro Heros, they’re cheap but sill boast good video quality!

1 Like

Oh…when you film…two mins max…then start a new clip…it makes editing and finding clips that you like much easier :facepunch:t2: can’t wait for your masterpiece :metal:t2:

Well, your vids are simply awesome! I went online and ordered my gear from Amazon last night. Hero4 Sessions with free 633X 32g card 40" telescoping boom and curved extension Helmet mount. And this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PGVCLPK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

2 Likes

Lol I know the owner of Removu lol Hans… Very nice man

He also came out with a killer gimble … http://youtu.be/sGWUa-YJHow

Would love to put that on an extension :sunglasses:

Have fun and look forward to seeing your killer vids…

Also check my friends at boardblazers and shedlights … This is a way to light up ur board without having to do my mods… They aren’t adjustable like mine but should give you kill video at night … Plus summer is coming … You will be night video happy :smiling_imp:

Oh…:bangbang::bangbang::bangbang:. Buy extra batteries and a charger!:zap::zap::zap::zap:

Not sure that’s an option with the sessions model, but I’ll look into it. The gimbal looks really cool.

Just have a large capacity portable cell charger with multi ports with you … You’ll need it for the Removu anyway … Wifi sucks battery

Are you using some type of a stabilizer in the Vegas video?

Nah…as you learn to ride and film your shots will be more steady…nice fluid movements and frame the shot and the pole correctly…the tough part are the sweeping shots from side to side as you turn…but gives a great effect … You will have an easier time since you will be using a session since it’s super light … I also film with my GoPro hanging upside down … I think it’s a better shot … Plus it will naturally want to hang upside down …

Here’s some slightly edited footage no music…

4 Likes

Yes, I’m planing to hang the GoPro upsidown under the pole with a curved extension to hide the pole from the frame. I know it will take some time and practice to get it down. What type of pole are you using? It looks like it has a pistol grip.

Something I found on eBay I wish it was just a little longer…

Made this little clip using iMovie :movie_camera:

2 Likes

I ordered these:

Not sure how well it will work. I think a longer stick could mean more shaky video. Your setup seems to be working very well. I also ordered a snorkel mouth mount to use when I’m surfing.

Cool look forward to seeing how it looks … Yeah you need to be all floaty when you are filming but the wide angle is forgiving … That arch extension is pretty cool…seems to tweek the angle of the shot just right for me when I use it… The alternative is getting the Sony As100 and the newer version…those do have image stabilization…same specs as a GoPro plus the stabilization…that comes with a wrist monitor that you can take swimming…I wouldn’t suggest taking the Removu in the water …by the way they also have a GoPro type mount for the Removu so you can rig it up with other GoPro stuff … At the very least you can use the pole to go fishing :fish: