Esk8Squad Renegade Vegas Weekend OCT 19~21 2018 - 10 Races - 2 adventures - 1 raffle - 1 contest

We created the IUF for that purpose: https://www.facebook.com/IUF-International-Uphill-Federation-2051626888448970/

IUF%20LOGO

2 Likes

Does Jake C. still work there?

@Alphamail i was just talking to him the other day lol

We were talking and he had to bounce cause of a customer…and he’s like quick take down my number lol

2 Likes

Did some Recon the past few day in the areas you will be in… I am totally amped for all of you. Downtown Las Vegas is looking awesome. The sights and sounds of the ride will be intense. It will be Friday night. He sidewalks will be filled with visitors. We should make for quite a sight for people in passing. Then gone. I have decided to guve you guys a suggested path when I give you the map of the poker run, but you make take your own if you wish. The suggested path will be designed squeeze out the most fun on the ride plus guide you away from possible traffic issues. I want you guys to be able to be on the move as much as possible when getting from point A to B…I don’t want you guys stuck making a left turn while waiting in an intersection. There is alot of going stright and making a right lol Safety is my number one concern with all of you. Second is to blow you away with a fun experience. I have no doubts thatbit will be.

I visited our race location as well…Happy to say…yep should blow some of you away.

I think I mentioned, races will be directed north. The AT race is located next to the start point. The rest of the area, which is two paths are yours to play with. The shortest of the paths take you down to main park entrance. That is a fun ride down and up. The second will take you all the way to lake Las Vegas. That path is long close to 10mi one way, longer if you actually go to the lake area. So, 20miles round trip…perfect pavement no seams. You will all feel like you are the kings of the world.

Please remember

Helmets & Lights

1 Like

I wouldn’t consider this that much money at all. Especially for Vegas.

I feel like that is a reasonable amount, esp with everything going into this event. Id rather see the money plowed into medals or something rather than cash rewards for races, but that’s just me.

Like a gold eskatesquad medal would be awesome.

2 Likes

If it’s $250 for travel and accommodation then that’s not bad. I could probably even split that cost with someone.

But a additional $250 doubles cost. $250x45 expected guest (minus~750 prices) is a lot of money

My comparison is to SPD1 and SPD2 which was free for mostly everyone. Grateful to those that put that together Derek and Moe

1 Like

Lol really

I am so use ti living in Vegas I guess.

Medals are awards are great…but this is a Renegade Event…

When we get this more official…sure plastic trophies and medals for everyone…

Cost is relative. For some $250 is a fancy dinner for two. To others its two week worth of groceries. I totally get where @Titoxd10001 is saying.

Theres alot we doing new … i dont think they have been done. Poker run, Treasure hunt, biathlon and how we are gonna do the races…more like Skiing rather than a full blow mob run. And again I repeat you be fed…and let me add to that more than that I wont serve you just Hamburgers and Hot dogs which is a large expense. You will have all sorts of stuff planned. Food, fruits, snacks, candy drinks to keep you powered up all day. We will have a food stand for all of us. Like a mini store on both days. You get what you want and leave all day long. This I feel is very important because where we be and how long we will be out there. Some of the time you will be racing. Alot of the time you will be exploring the rest if the trails and coming back then going out again. So…there will be tons of riding on Saturday & Sunday…it will be ridiculous I just know it. None of you will be able to contain yourself once you get on the trail… if you think this is a nice flat trail …it is…but with with dips, turn, long gradual down slopes, straight aways deep into the desert.

Plus some other stuff as well which is a surprise.

1 Like

how bout some blowing up of some lipos!

adding a barrier section like a bicycle cyclocross race where you have to jump off the board and run over some obstacle and back on the board sounds cool. a dog on a leash section you have to get through maybe.

1 Like

Lol @Hummie you pyro lol

2 Likes

you know it would be a hit. ive been dying to do some blowing up at home but cant beat the desert. intentional blowing up

Yeah pretty sure Homeland security will be knocking at your door lol

is it even illegal!? i think as americans we can blow up all our stuff if we want.

Dude im old school…

Everything is legal …

As long as you dont get caught

3 Likes

Don’t worry i have a few lios people can have a crack at shooting lol

If you have pets…

Bring them out to hang

@Titoxd10001 I definitely want you to come out…def one of OG’s of the Forum and one of the first peeps I met from this Forum when we started trying to get the group ride movement going…

@Mikenopolis will be attending sort of because of his family obligations. And Thanks @Mikenopolis for twisting your wifes arm and just trying… He’s just gonna be on the food list…thats it.

@Titoxd10001 Come out Saturday night and hang Sunday with all of us. Just cover the meal and you are set for an excellent day to talk shop, connect, eat, ride.

I thank all of you that are taking valuable time out of their lives to get together…to help me. I am eternally grateful for all of you. So, I cannot fail you guys. I will not fail you guys. I promised an epic Esk8Squad experience. I will give you an epic Esk8Squad experience.

2 Likes

Please don’t be shy about asking people to share room costs… buddy up if you need to… we are all brothers and sisters this weekend