Esk8Squad Renegade Vegas Weekend OCT 19~21 2018 - 10 Races - 2 adventures - 1 raffle - 1 contest

before you guys blast me with questions about my absence (which I will not answer on this thread) — read below — and comment below

Esk8Squad Renegade Vegas Weekend

10.19.2018 begins at 6pm 10.21.2018 ends at 4pm

Registration: $250 per person includes events and lunch on two days. $30 per person not entered into events, includes lunch on two days. Accomodations not included.

Min: 25 people Max: 40 (because of time)

ESK8SQUAD Las Vegas, NV

Overview Esk8Squad will host the first Esk8Squad Vegas Weekend. This is a three day event consisting of various unique individual events that will take you to various locations around Las Vegas. This unique blend of adventure and competition will test your Esk8 skills. This is a renegade event. There will be a mix of open street riding and bike paths over the course of the weekend. There will be no ambulance stationed at any of our locations. Helmets are required at all events. Lighting is required for all night events. Lunch will be provided on Saturday and Sunday and includes H20. A gas electric generator or other power source access will be provided at each event location.

Goals Provide a safe, fun and action packed weekend that revolves around electric skateboards To create, build and strengthen friendships in the Esk8 community To create a new series of competitions unique in the electric skateboard community that allows all age levels, skills and electric skateboard brands to compete.

Event Overview The first Esk8Squad Renegade Vegas Weekend in Las Vegas on October 19, 2018. This will be a three day event beginning the evening of October 19, 2018 and conclude October 21, 2018. The welcome meet & greet will begin at 4pm and end at 6pm. All must come in costume The first competition starts at 6pm. The second competition will begin 1 hour after the completion of the first game and will be a timed event that should last 1 to 2 hours. This concludes the first day.

On day 2, Esk8ers will gather at another location for a day of racing on October 20, 2018 at 10am, Races begin at 11am. There will be two parts of racing, a day session and a night session. There will be a total of 3 events during the day session and two events in the evening session. Best time is the winner in each event. On the last day, October 21, 2018 we close out the event with a BBQ, Raffle and demo rides. A meal and h20 will be provided to registered attendees of the weekend on Saturday and Sunday.

Race Day Event details The events during the weekend are unique blend of competitive activities and racing revolving around electric skateboards

Day One

Esk8Squad COSTUME Poker Run (Art District and Fremont) - WIN $150 Each Esk8 rider will be provided their own playing card matrix sheet. On that matrix sheet will be all the cards in the deck. The poker game will be 5 card, The rider will take the sheet with them to four various locations. At the first three locations, the rider will draw one card. The card they pick will be marked their sheet. On the fourth and last stop the last two cards will be drawn to determine the winner with the best hand. In case of a tie, a single hand of of Texas Hold’em will be played - Winner Take All!

Esk8Squad COSTUME Treasure Hunt (Art District and Fremont)- WIN $150 Each Esk8 rider will get a partner and will be given list and a map. They must locate items pinpointed on the map within a certain time period. Once at the location, they are required complete the task required for that location and upload a photo in the manner requested via twitter and IG with #esk8squad and #Esk8SquadRenegade hashtags. The team that finds the most Treasures win. Teams divide the winnings. In case of a tie, Best out of 7 Rock, Paper, Scissors

Esk8Squad COSTUME CONSTEST WIN $150 We will find some judges and find a winner!

Day Two

Esk8Squad Esk8Races (BIKE PATHS) Hollywood Races consist of 5 different races over different paths and distances. These 5 races will be split into one Day Session and one Night Session. Based on the number of participants and time, the fastest time in each race is the winner. Riders will be placed in one of two classes for the event. Class A is open to all. Class B is for boards and riders that can reach a top speed of no more than 24mph.

Day Session TBA mile dash - WIN $25

24mph <24mph

TBA mile dash - WIN $50 da>24mph <24mph

Esk8Biathalon - WIN $150

24mph <24mph

Night Session TBA mile dash -WIN $50

24mph <24mph

TBA mile dash -WIN $100

24mph <24mph

Each race will be done in pairs. Each rider will start the race hitting a timer to start the clock. Each racer will ride to a predetermined turn around point which also has a bracelet that they must return with to prove they reached the correct turn around point. At the finish line, each rider must stop their own timer to record their official time.

The Esk8Biathalon is a racing and shooting event. Each race will be done in pairs. Each rider will start the race hitting a timer to start the clock. Each rider will ride to a predetermined turn around point which also has a bracelet that they must return with to prove they reached the correct turn around point. The racers will return back to the beginning and will shoot 5 targets. Every missed target will be a time penalty. The rider again races to a predetermined turn around point which also has a bracelet that they must return with to prove they reached the correct turn around point. The racers will return back to the beginning and will shoot their 5 final targets and hit their timers to record their times. Best time wins in each class.

Day Three

Esk8Squad BBQ The final day is the Esk8Squad BBQ in the park. This is a free ride day. A day to demo boards. Raffle. This section will be updated at a later date.

*****A note on prize money. I tried to make so that you have the ability to recoup some or more than your registration fee. You are given 4 different non-racing ways to win some money.for those that are more cerebral or artistic

*Prize money noted on this document is subject to change **Transportation to events is not included

For those that need a quality room at a value price, I have spoken to the Oasis Hotel at the Goldspike for special rates.  See below.  You do not need to stay at this hotel.  You may choose any accommodations that suits your budget.  

Accomodation Option

Oasis Hotel at the Goldspike http://oasisatgoldspike.com/rooms-amenities/

Please note there is a $20 amenity fee per day plus any taxes of fees.

Rooms Rates: 20 room block

Deluxe Queen, 1 queen bed in Gold Spike tower, 21 and over only
October 19: $79
October 20: $89
October 21: $24

Double Deluxe Queen, 2 queen beds in Gold Spike tower, 21 and over only
October 19: $89
October 20: $99
October 21: $34

Premier Queen, 1 queen bed in Gold Spike tower, All ages
October 19: $84
October 20: $94
October 21: $29

Ultimate Suite, 1 King bed in Gold Spike tower, All ages
October 19: $119
October 20: $129
October 21: $69

*Details subject to change

Las Vegas Avg Temps  https://www.vegas.com/weather/averages.html
16 Likes

Glad your back brother, great job putting all this together.

3 Likes

Down for a ROAD TRIP!!!

:grin::grinning:

3 Likes

Hey @Michaelinvegas glad you are well! This looks really fun!

1 Like

i call @mmaner as my partner!

3 Likes

Glad to see your back @Michaelinvegas! I’ll have to check my schedule…

1 Like

Im not buying you beer dude, Im scared of your mom too :slight_smile:

4 Likes

thanks gents! good to be back.

please let me know if you have any questions

1 Like

Mann… I would love to be there. Lets see if it is possible both practically and time wise.

1 Like

I signed up @Michaelinvegas see ya all there

1 Like

You will have to fight me. I am a scrapper too, and probably have 80 pounds on you…

4 Likes

There you are! Good to see you back!

2 Likes

Put together a disclosure agreement so that you don’t get sued👌🏿

3 Likes

Let me add more details as to where you will be riding. The planned location is Art District and Downtown Las Vegas/Fremont area. There is light traffic. There are parts that do have bike lanes, but most of the time you should have a clear road to ride. Please adhere to all traffic regulations as to not draw any negative attention to ourselves. This should be a great intro for many of downtown. The route can be modified to extend the distance of the final route if all of you would like that to happen.

The Poker portion of this event takes no skill. You will be drawing blind. Your fate is with the gambling gods.

Any questions?

The final format for this portion of the night is stil in the planning stages, but should be a lot of fun for everyone to participate. This again will be held in the same area as the Poker run. And allow you to hyper-sightsee downtown and get some great pictures(video too) to boot! Some Treasure sites may require you to dismount your board and walk your board. At each Treasure site you will be required to take a photo or video to prove that you found the correct treasure. Of course you need to be in the picture… so each one is a selfie. You will tweet and post it on IG with the hashtags noted above. This will help provide me with a time stamp of your proof. And serve as testament that you having a great time.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like

Hey Bro!!! It’s been way too long. Good to see you back in da hood.

3 Likes

sounds awesome! wish I could make it.

This is just as it says…Gear up to look foolish and win!

These races will be done off the streets. These will be done on remote paths in Vegas about 20mins from the hotel. The location is remote but not far from civilization. You will be able to see the whole Las Vegas valley. It’s a beautiful run. And there aren’t just one.

There will be a total of ten races. You may enter all of them as long as the boards you are using meets class A or B requirements. (class A faster than 24mph, class B slower than 24mph top speed)

The idea was to keep people of the same skill level and speed in the same group regardless of the board they ride. We will do our best to make each class as even as possible so everyone has a fair shoot at a prize.

You will have an opportunity this day to ride all the paths…they are miles long. The paths are crack and rock free. They all have a soft shoulder, but all have enough room if you need to pass.

Please note you will have the ability to charge you boards. You will need to. The distances of the races willl be long and will test the voltage sag on your board. The runs are on smooth ground but the paths varies in elevation. There are parts that look like a big pump track, there are parts with long sweeping down hill…just remember…you gotta come back up. As for views, yes you can see all of Vegas. The rest of the rides…its like Esk8ing on Mars!