Esk8 map of users

It´s been awhile i i still like this map, so bump it up for people to see.

2 Likes

Thank you!! I just saw it and added myself to the map! Would be awesome if everybody would be added… So everybody can look for a riding buddy :grin:

2 Likes

Updated First in Russia :joy::joy::joy: So much space left…we need more Esk8ers here!

1 Like

probably I am the first from Kazakhstan/Almaty

1 Like

Added myself to the map

can´t find you on the map. you already added your location?

Just added my location after like 4 months lol.

2 Likes

Good idea. Don’t know how to set my Location by using an iPhone. Greetings from Münster / NRW / German

1 Like

Don´t know if that works. Set it on an pc :wink:

I did it by using a regular Computer. Using a CellPhone seems a bit tough.

2 Likes

Narberth, PA (Philly suburbs)

couldn´t manage it with my iphone too. Got it done easy with my laptop…

did you stick it? or you just mentioned it. you need to add it by your own to the card :wink:

Shhhh you saw nothing.

got you in check please if it´s right

1 Like

Yes sir and thank you.

1 Like

Hi guys, I would like to kindly ask you to enter your nicknames in a format [a-zA-Z0-9_-]{3,30} or in other words: use alphanumeric characters ( uppercase allowed ), underscores and dashes, min. length 3, max. length 30.

If you already entered a name that doesn’t follow this format, please edit it.

When I started the map we currently use, I never expected it to grow that big. Now, I’m working on a better platform for our map ( it will be open source, written in Java ( backend ) and Angular ( frontend ) ) and I will convert illegal characters ( including spaces ) to underscores. This is needed so the URLs ( map.esk8.xyz/rider/{nickname} ) work properly.

Hope you can understand.

Hi, just an update on the new map. The progress is slower than I would like it to be, mainly because I have very little free time lately. The application server has been deployed and is running. Source code for the server is already available on GitLab: https://gitlab.com/esk8portal/esk8-server

Temporary viewer: http://map.esk8.xyz An UI to add new rider location will be available soon. More advanced functionality will be available later, once the frontend is properly coded because as of now, it’s mostly hacked together in a plain JavaScript. Any help with the frontend would be highly appriciated!

Feedback or feature requests are welcome.

4 Likes

You can now add yourself to the new esk8 map! Just right click anywhere on the map, enter your nickname, send the form and you’re golden! You can add more details like description or images if you wish. Some of the bbcode tags are supported. Looking for someone? Use the search functionality in the top left corner! Do you prefer different kind of map? You can choose between multiple maps in the top right corner. Anything missing you would like to have there? Just let me know.

https://map.esk8.xyz - faster, more secure and easier to use than ever before

It’s faster - lightweight UI, less data transfers, no unnecessary and confusing functionality It’s more secure - nobody can mess with the whole map anymore It’s easier to use - explore, search or add yourself in seconds without a hassle with this new, minimalistic UI

All riders added by Sept 9 have been migrated to the new map automatically ( with some manual work ), there is no need to do anything if you already added yourself before. Because these markers have no email assigned to them, you will not be able to modify them. You can PM me if you want to claim the marker.

Marker modification functionality is still in progress, it will be available soon.

Old map has been deprecated at this point.

3 Likes

Nice work.

1 Like