Esk8 map of users

toured Georga Tech today and saw 2 people on DIY eboards in only an hour on campus- plus, their spring break starts today so most of the students were already gone! talked with one of them, about the forum and such, but it was cool to see them in action. There were also a large amount of electric bikes and pre-made boards like Boosted.

Mine started today \ :slight_smile: /

Lets meet someday :slight_smile: I ve heard that they charge you if you do e-skating in mainland right?

I think I know the other guy you mentioned. Lets meet someday?

Someone should pin the map. I believe not enough users see it and it is still a viable resource to find others locally.

1 Like

Added myself! If you are visiting Croatia for the summer, feel free to ping me for a ride or even just a drink and chat :beers:

Haha, they don’t charge you for that, the police is just really intrigued, and they’ll just usually give you a thumbs up… Aniway they’re veeeeery lazy around here, I don’t see them chasing me anytime soon…

Big E-Scooters are beeing forbidden though

1 Like

Getting my Raptor2 end of next month, but i have quite a lot knowledge in Model-Electronics.

Soooo, i just set a mark ^^

Is anyone around here near Boston, Mass?

anyone around newmarket ontario?

New member and new to electric longboards, although I’ve skated for close to 45 years! I’m in Pasadena, CA, and put a pin on the map.

3 Likes

Im curious - what drew you to esk8 then? Do you want to travel around with it or just for fun? @Wentwest

I have a new Evolve Carbon GT 2 in 1, and I have been having a lot of fun with it. I like building things, and tend to build a bunch of stuff for fun. Over the years I’ve built a tube guitar practice amplifier from schematics, a bunch of little ham radio kits, RC planes and helis, and most recently a laminated modern long bow (archery). Making my own electric longboard just seems like it would be a fun project.

I have been using my Carbon GT mostly for fun, but I can foresee a few applications as a platform to get some cool camera shots from. I’m a motion picture and TV director of photography.

2 Likes

Great idea guys! I’ve wanted to do something like this for a while now but finding the time to get stuff like this done is a bit of a mission sometimes!

Well done for putting in the time & effort!! :nerd_face: I like the skateboarder pin design; was this your own creation?

I think this thread should definitely be a sticky for all to see if it isn’t already!!

I have added my location on the map although I have not completed any esk8 builds atm; Just a small initial thought but maybe there could be an extra pin option added on the map to represent ‘esk8 Riders’ who have completed at least one build? (e.g. A green skateboarder pin?)

Consider this a BUMP for the topic! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Bump ! 10char

3 Likes

Note on riding around the Hollywood reservoir, there are areas that are super rough, like long stretches of some of the roughest roads I’ve been on. borderline gravel. If you’re using hub motors I would steer clear.

Such a great idea and finally added my location. Want to see more users on this map…

1 Like

Added myself there too. Yay, now we have even more people in Finland :slight_smile:

Added myself too, nearest guys to me are in Wolverhampton and Coventry UK.

This map and the esk8 routes map really need to be in the header of the site.

1 Like