Enclosure inspiration thread

5 Likes

This is both amazing and hilarious. Why not just use CF or fiberglass?

2 Likes

:smile: fully agry !! Just for fun to test other “fiber” possibility (I don’t recommand it breaks pretty quickly !) but if you got an old favorite tshirt just for decoration … it could be fun … maybe :blush:

what I really like is my 3d printing inlay ! Looks so cool, under gorgeous CF hummy !! I will test it again soon :wink:

2 Likes

are you making them?

@Fabar Yes. Slowly getting a range of enclosures together. I’ve made a couple more moulds today. A long one in matte finish with BB branding and a long one but not so deep for a lower profile battery. When I have some come out of the mould I’ll put them on here.

I’ve made 4 builds and always the same way, with a sheet of 2mm rubber. And added some hardplastic layer underneed to protect the batteries and other stuff. Very easy cheap way and always worked fine for me :slight_smile:

7 Likes

yeah, easy to make, but after one summer of riding every edge pulls down. I should have made holes there.

2 Likes

20mm thick and 10mm milled into the deck to hide the batteries, bms and esc

7 Likes

15 Likes

I see what u have done very good

2 Likes

Is that…a guitar stand? Genius!

1 Like

14 Likes

Are you selling those?

Yes, drop me a pm with your requirements and we can sort something out. @Kooli

1 Like

pmed you @bigben looking for the slimmer enclosure

My first attempt at custom fiberglass. Not the prettiest, but it sure works well.

3 Likes

Howd you mold it?

I made a form out of wood by sanding down and gluing together some old 2x4. I then wrapped the wood with plastic wrap to be able to separate the final shell from the form when it was done. Then I did 4 layers of fiberglass mat, painted it, and voila!

I think next time I would probably just buy an abs enclosure or do Kydex or something. The fiberglass kits were expensive from my local hardware store and the whole process was frustrating at times.

This is the enclosure I am designing for use with ABS Vacuum Forming. Its actually a form, but this what the end result will look like. Each section is 10ix8.5 inches for a total of 19x8.5 inches (1 in overlap in the center). There are slots for phase wire & sensor cables and a place for a volt meter.

The space for the volt meter is ready to cut out and should fit a wide variety of meters. The slots for phase & sensor wires is designed to use rubber grommets around the cables.

I almost put a space for a switch, but its just a 16mm hole, so I left it out. I might actually remove the volt meter space as I have been cutting a square hole in my decks recently so the volt meter can be installed top side.

I’m not actually planning on selling this, just something I’ve been working on in my spare time.

7 Likes

That is what I need just slightly smaller