EMF / Jacob hub motor polyurethane development

$340 motors with 107mm wheels . No truck.

If you need the truck $35 more.

Any singles?

Went for a other ride tonight. It hit 28mph. Lots of vibration at that speed though. I think the wheeels arent quite true. Im hoping it smooths out with more miles. It rides noce and smooth up to about 20-22mph though. Acceleration is pretty impressive, i was expecting less at my weight with the large diameter wheels.

3 Likes

Singles???

Derek ,

28mph seems accurate. The ride should be smooth all the way through top speed. Your shipment was the first one and it was before the laser cut plates. You can send them back and Iā€™ll send you a new pair with laser cut plates and all. Ride them a bit more and get back to us.

for light cruising a single could be enough no?

1 Like

No one cruises with these motors . One will pull you past 25mph. But it stresses it out.

Well I do - I donā€™t have hills and since esk8ing is illegal here I have no choice than make this a hobby thing on a sunday where I go for a ā€œrunā€ on the forest bicycle path. I am pretty sure a single would work just as well.

Looking good! Canā€™t wait to try mine :slight_smile:

Have you seen the ā€œlocking wheelsā€ of the mellow board? Looks like a smart system what do you think?

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t advise a single motor. Not this one.

Found matching 97mm wheels! The new Evolve 97mm wheels are slightly wider than the Abec11ā€™s, and this guy says they are better too:

And of course, once you go blackā€¦

2 Likes

Mine are much tighter, thatā€™s too loose for my taste.

So I spent a little more time on it today and it is actually a runout issue with the wheel. I held the wheels to the ground while doing a burn out of sorts and there was 1 section of the wheel that was a little higher. 60 secs later it pretty much smoothed out and the vibration at high speed is gone.

2 Likes

Right. Since its a 3d printed form itā€™s hard for it to be perfect. As i recommneded a little burnout over smooth concrete thatā€™s moist solves all surface imperfections including the ā€œjointā€.

Regardless any issues and you can exchange them so no worries.

Single wheel drive hubs

Iā€™d also be interested in buying the 100mm wheels, would it come with the locking plate (enough interest?). What would the approx. cost be incl. shipment to Europe? Thanks for all your work!

1 Like

Cool thanks shopping to Europe is 30 dollars . The kit includes everything needed such as locking plates grub screws and nuts and instructions.

Total cost is $119. Send me your email and i can send you the invoice.

Thanks

Can u show photos of ur upgraded hubs?

Thanks, will send PM

There are plenty of photos on this thread scroll up.

Thanks