EMF / Jacob hub motor polyurethane development

9 Likes

Can you still buy Jacobs hubs?

1 Like

of course why not?

**For those that are new that may question why i reinvented the wheel. This is what i faced in sep. of last year as i built my first board. **

2 Likes

From where ?

1 Like

from forum members, ebay, they are available. But still same poor quality urethane wheels, they must have made a lot. I bet they have lead in them like the toys. they might as well include a pair of these with every motor that has the bad urethane.

@ralphy Did some more riding today on your 100mm’s! No slippage and the ride quality is substantially improved from the extra cushion the thicker urathane provides. I still havent had a chance to clock their top speed yet but im very confident its well over 25mph. I did measure the top speed with the original 83mm urathane and it was 23mph on a 12S battery.

I plugged the numbers into the eskate calculator and it predicts a 5mph increase from 83mm to 100mm wheels.

2 Likes

cool thanks for sharing, show us some pics when you get a chance. The ride is smoother cause its a urethane air mix…lol.

I never got past 27mph but im 185lbs . I know you a little more which is actually good to stress test it. Ride them like you stole it.

How many of you less aggressive riders would like to have these wheels without the locking plate and hardware?

What price would you consider reasonable to pay for the set?

I’m thinking some of you with time on your hands and small budget can fabricate the plates and possibly drill the urethane and epoxy in the rods, or just plain out ride without any additional reinforcement.

I can still go up one more from 80a to 90a with the urethane.

For the 107mm I was thinking of dropping the duro down to 70a when anyone is ready to order.

It will ride as smooth as the Abec 11. http://www.abec11.com/products/abec11/abec-11-107mm-electric-flywheels-74a-77a

1 Like

I think the problem here is, that these are no longer available anywhere. There are only some people selling them privatly, but lot´s of people already glued them to make them run ok. There would be a much bigger interest if these where still available somewhere :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok are you referring to the motors?

They are available, if you need motors and 100mm wheels installed it’s $320 shipped in the USA

If you need motors and 107mm wheels it’s $340 shipped In the USA.

If you need them already mounted on Paris v2 black trucks add $35

There is no shortage of product.

Yah, that´s what people asking for :smiley: Do you have a link for them or are you selling them by yourself with the kit?

I think that was not clear for some folks on this thread.

You just said they are available but not from where

I only intended to sell the wheels because I thought most of you had the motors already.

I don’t really have a site or a link but I have a new set of motors and a used set and I can certainly get Paris v2 trucks and drill the locking holes in them and upgrade the grub locking screws on the motors. Assemble everything up pack and ship it.

How many would be interested in the whole setup ready to ride?

https://market.alibaba.com/snapshotDetail.htm?contentId=1004397215 These are the ones I have. I think they are the knockoffs.

Link doesn’t show anything

https://m.alibaba.com/product/60491629171/Powerful-twin-drive-MP83mm-hub-motor.html?spm=a2706.7843299.1998817009.5.vOVRtQ Sorry try this… I was signed in at the time😳

That’s the ones, maybe if enough of us buy them we get good price.

You want just the motors. The trucks and front wheels arnt that good compared Paris trucks and abec11 wheels.

They will probably include new urethane that’s like harder than 90a. Probably like 60d. It will feel like a rough ride and eventually the phase wires break off the banana prongs.

New video with a 8000mah 12s Lipo better acceleration compared to the 12s 2p lghg2 6000mah setup.

28 mph low crusing current consumption.

https://youtu.be/OuQjo0UvUks

2 Likes

So did would you say just solder your own plugs on and how much for the 107mm wheel package?