Elofty Direct Drive

We love new builders, welcome. The answer to your question is yes, most likely. Performance on 10S2P may be a bit underwhelming yet it should work, provided the connector on the battery works with the ESC (and it should).

2 Likes

GROUP BUY UPDATE

We are presently awaiting discounted pricing for 1-20 and 21-30 unit qty for the Lofty bundles on eBay

Bundles should start with wheels (in sets) and reach all the way up to their Bamboo complete.

If anyone speaks Mandarin and would like to help explain the group buy concept to Kenna, we could use the help.

10 Likes

Sometimes I feel crazy for checking this forum 20 times a day. Then I see

AND NO LONGER FEEL SO CRAZY.

8 Likes

@landonkun check it like 90 times a day, my screen time pickup on safari is mostly consists me checking the forum image

Help! I have a major addiction.

2 Likes

What do you mean you are awaiting? You mean you have already send a request to Kenna and waiting for her reply? Should a poll be made to gauge what people are interested in?

3 Likes

I have run them on a 10s2p Meepo Sanyo and a few LingYi ESC variants and it amounted to a substantial upgrade over budget board hubs. Perfectly happy with them in that application, in fact.

Not sure how the HW ESC will fare, but should be OK as @topcloud says.

For wheels, if you can find a set of 100mm Boa Constrictors, they would be ideal from a clearance standpoint without losing too much torque.

The DDs will also offer increased performance later if you upgrade to a bigger battery and VESC.

4 Likes

Also, has anyone else had success convincing Kenna of the need for ABEC adapters? Think I failed in that particular quest. I would love the option to run mine on my green 97s.

Just posted some data about TB DD 90kv.

We will swap back to Elofty and repeat for comparison. But now that we know Elofty are 55kv there would be a huge difference in performance.

2 Likes

Well at least I hope Elofty has better torque on 110 wheels. 90Kv sound a bit too high for 110mm wheels. The best would be 4wd

1 Like

But eLofty has 20 magnets vs 28(?) for TBDD. I wonder if they are same size magnets and what the role is for the final torque.

@rey8801, after updating the number of magnets to 20 I am getting a KV of 53 rpm/volt.( The wrong count of 18 gave me 60KV)

I wouldn’t say 90kv is too high. I didn’t push harder than 50% throttle and it was already plenty powerful. I’m sure TB DD are way better build than the elofty.

3 Likes

Would be helpful my friend. Thank you!

3d print em in nylon ;D

1 Like

I’m working with a double-digit IQ here, so prefer to just slip money to more capable folks.

10 Likes

I’m with @BillGordon here, I’m thinking 4wd with these beauties… but mated to the Trampa SuperStar hubs so that I can run 7’’ tyres on them.

I’m based in the UK and I ain’t got a 3D printer or mad CAD skills though :frowning: can anyone help, when I finally pull the trigger and buy 2x eloftys (and 2x unities to go with them)?

If you can pass the drive to me for a week (when im more free), i’ll help you out. (;

1 Like

I’ve seen Evolvenestein. Pretty sweet. You’re definitely more capable than I am. Will be cool to see your finished eLofty quad down the road.

2 Likes

Dude, that’s very cool of you. Will get in touch via other channels.

I’m here to help

1 Like

Sweet! I’ll be in touch when I get these on my hands. It might be a few months because money.

1 Like