Elofty Direct Drive

thank you very much for this! i’ve been eyeing this drive for a long time as an upgrade to the wowgo. is it true that the resistance is really low?

that’s amazing to hear! ok i’m decided to go with this route in slowly upgrading my current board.

if i buy the kit with the ESC then i guess that will be okay? that only thing that i will reuse from my wowgo is the battery and the enclosures.

I currently have a 80mm kegels is that okay? i don’t really want top speed but i want to have quick acceleration and carving.

You don’t need the ESC, as it’s essentially the same as your current one. And 80mm wheels will be roughly the same size as the motor cans, so doubt that will work out for you. IMHO, 90mm would be the starting point.

This poll is for gauging interest.

TKP:image

DKP: image

Wheel1(105mm): image

Wheel2(Boosted Wheels): image

Complete1: image

• TKP
  • DKP
  • TKP+Wheel1
  • TKP+Wheel2
  • DKP+Wheel1
  • DKP+Wheel2
  • Complete1

0 voters

I’m interested in two of the DKPs, but can only cast one vote :stuck_out_tongue:

the one that they are selling is hobbywing?

if that’s the case can i just buy a vesc from flipsky and their nano remote? or what’s the best alternative esc that i should buy that does not break the bank and is a little future proof for further upgrades

I can’t change the poll after 5 mins, so I’ll vote for you. Haha.

1 Like

so i can just get this set and just replace the current one with this parts on the wowgo2s and i’m good to go?

https://lofty-skateboard.com/collections/home/products/electric-skateboard-accessories-direct-drive-motor-double-trucks

1 Like

Inconsistency warning. TKP in poll. RKP in description.

9 Likes

Well, with the recent improvements appearing to deliver as promised, Flipsky 4.20 Plus is the best current value (drumroll) out there.

Have you used/set up a VESC/remote before?

3 Likes

What if I only want the wheels lol.

4 Likes

ready to order 1 set DKP with the wheel :slight_smile:

i have a flipsky VESC on my ArcBoard penny right now, but i did not do any tweaks on the program, and also the original ArcRemote.

Great short board. It’s no big deal, just extra steps.

Looks like Fabian is going to sell a board featuring the elofty drive on his website. Hill climbing capability was pretty good in the video, but of course nowhere near how good it is with my dual 6355 popsicle stick.

3 Likes

Fabian doesn’t know shit about esk8 lol

23 Likes

pretty big following too

To be fair, I don’t think the guy needs to know all the ins and outs and intricate details about how each and every part works. He rides a lot of boards, and at the end of the day, what matters is which one he likes to ride. I don’t watch him enough to know if he’s spreading any misinformation, but as long as he’s not doing that, I don’t see any reason to hate on him.

2 Likes

I watched a few old ones, and yes, these was quite a bit of misinformation from what I remember. Also he calls every board “the best board”

3 Likes

Agreed with @landonkun. regardless of his building experience and any past discrepancies in his info, I think there are still some good takeaways shown in the video. -speed vs the evolve. -hill climb ability vs his evolve. -low temps after long hill climb -battery life -another voice of caution with 90mm wheels on DDs -presale builds starting at 790+shipping

With very little footage of these DDs out there, i’m just happy to see more info, reviews, and hear there are options and possibly better prices because of it haha!

3 Likes