Elofty Direct Drive

It fixed a breaking issue on 83mm hummie hubs and it should fix this as well. There was no jerking for me just very weak breaking at really low speeds. This fixed it.

This is after fixing it. I dont have a video from before the fix though.

1 Like

Oh I forgot to post this data that I got before the Metr died. Still not sure what went wrong with it. You can see it flat lining where it died

4 Likes

How did you guys kill the metr unit haha.

who knows. it just stopped working

@Winfly Ownboard DD the current version (the silver drive train) , do not know if they will modify it in future, has 54x45mm stator. So basicaly same as Elofty I think.

1 Like

Thanks, their companies are cooperating I heard but maybe the finish is different. And I forgot to upload spec sheet. This shows EOVAN’s DD motor is 56 KV.

Ownboard, EOVAN and Elofty are cooperating they said

image image image image image image image image image image

18 Likes

Wow, great information… although… :joy:

5 Likes

Appreciate you sharing that…very interesting.

3 Likes

wait… what is this? lol F976051B-954D-4407-BA9E-132106B11615_R

6 Likes

I wonder if Frank is going to pop a gasket :thinking:

11 Likes

Lots of the info written above is wrong

7.5mm axle?

.19ohms? Luckily not.

The inductance numbers are very far from each other and would be nice to see a kv test @mishrasubhransu

2 Likes

Do you know the boothnr? Couldnt find them

Just received my elofty, one motor is broken. I guess i will be able to report on their support…

4 Likes

Make a video of the problem and send it to them. That should move your case fast.

1 Like

I’m in contact wih Kenna. So far she is reactive

3 Likes

The CEO (?) of Ownboard actually reached out to me on facebook yesterday asking if I was interested in their DD and vesc. They said they’d been watching this thread apparently? They also said the vesc was based on vesc 6. I asked for specs and they said they’d contact me via wechat…

22 Likes

If Ownboard is actually paying attention to the DIY world then prebuilts are going to get veryyyy interesting this year

8 Likes

@Hummie, well elofty is 0.087ohm@75RPM/V so why are you surprised that wowgo is 0.190ohm@56RPM/V? It just means they use less copper than eLofty. It’s kind of evident from their wattage rating of 350W continuous and 1000W peak.

I’ll do a KV test on my eLofty and tell you the results.

3 Likes

^^ that’s funny yes, max current 100A X voltage 48v =1000w max

7/8Amps continuous is very low !..

1 Like

I thought the writing was a mistake and that they were the elofty, which you showed the correct resistance, but these are something else. Sorry confusing.