Elofty Direct Drive

Here is a realtime plot for eLofty. Kenna said they use 20 magnets(10 pairs) so that can be used to find the KV.

rpm/volt = (erpm/pole_pair)/(volts*duty_cycle) = (9597/10)/(19*0.95) = 53.16KV. Well, so these are ~55KV not 75 as advertised.

@rey8801, what resistance are you getting on the mad hubs(and yours) dd? and what’s the KV for that one? image image

6 Likes

this is correct. Lofty Shenzhen will supply Ownboard, EOVAN, and a couple of other brands that will soon be announced.

4 Likes

Oh, yesterday was maybe last day. At Global sources fair “2B30”

If its at HKTDC, last day is today

1 Like

Is that bldc or foc?
(Im putting a board together now (aren’t we all) and willl test w different vescs see how accurate the Vesc are. Foc and bldc. The resistance number seems super accurate or at least shows changes w temp

3 Likes

I talked Manager of EOVAN and found his English skill are not good. So this is incorrect but that means one piece ESC with dual motor cotorol function like enertion’s “Unity”.

But I’m so surprised that he didn’t know the name of “ABEC”. They need “brain” to improve more I guess. I also suggest to improve more about finish and quality about past metal wheels that was blamed in ths forum.

And… maybe we also need to tell what is coping. To copy is normal in worldwide I guess, but sometimes it will be not good for innovation of eboards.

5 Likes

Hi! That actually makes sense due to the speed reached by @sofu and @Winfly tests. Mad hub are therefore MAD Fury are 75Kv. I am now getting a custom 60Kv version to try AT. That actually better for you. On my 75Kv I top easy above 55kmh on 12s that’s why I didn’t want to say anything but they looked rather slow for the Kv. If they are 60Kv as Meepo then it’s ok.

Internal resistent of mine ui

1 Like

sincerely interested in ordering these for the science, when available :slight_smile: ty

1 Like

A set of 4 of course…

1 Like

if @rey8801 gets his parts right, I think he stands a chance to sell quite a few.

armed with the Hammock adjustable base plate, alone, folks can take their TB 218 MM hangers and outrunner motors and simply bolt them to a 20° deck like the MBS Atom all the way up to the 30°’ers, like the LaCroix.

Add in a 60Kv AT option for MAD DD, AWD, it’s going to sound as quiet as a mountain bike in the woods.

4 Likes

they where already available, me and @deucesdown are getting them. As I said at the time, I had to insist a lot to make them change the Kv ratio. So that is the lower they can do but they never tested. Only the winding changed so I hope the performance stays the same since they are really good for a DD motor with a decent weight. Should get it soon. I will report it on thread for sure. If it sucks I will tell you! Of course they are intend for street and grass, not for hard core mountain board.

3 Likes

The guy from Ownboard keeps saying they are 75Kv. Either they have 2 different versions or they do not know how to calculated :grin:

2 Likes

Did someone tried to remove a motor from the elofty axel? They are sending me a new one but i can’t remove the bad one, or even the good one. I removed all the screw. But now they tell me to use a hairdrier to remove the glue… image

6 Likes

Could you remove the motor can or you are stock at that point?

IMG_20190405_011318 IMG_20190405_012752 IMG_20190405_013027 IMG_20190405_013242 image

8 Likes

i removed all this, even the big nut of the axel. But i can’t remove the motor after this.

Haha, I am in the same boat. Couldn’t do it after. I thing we have to attach something to the adapter holes and pull hard. Have to make a 3d printed part with a screw that we can turn to remove the motor.

Ask her for more photos of the parts. Maybe that will give us an idea.

she sent me a photo of a hairdrier… that normally they do it professionnally, so she can’t show me how they do it…

gotta be a heat gun, not a hairdryer

4 Likes

Try light tapping on back side with rubber mallet. Alternate areas and should come free.

EDIT: My motor is the first gen with easy connector, so did not have the large thin nut. Ignore me.