E-Toxx Webshop Online

I see a silent helical geared drive in my future this is excellent stuff @Nowind @Duffman

4 Likes

Just catching up on this thread. I ordered the mini direct drive (SS) for my very first DIY build and have been extremely impressed with both the workmanship and professionalism that @Nowind puts into his products. I was trying not to get caught up in all the ‘new’ stuff on the market and was also trying to only have one board, but now with the helical gears (thanks @Duffman) I think I’m going to build a second board. That video that was posted above is the deal breaker - holy crap that is whisper quiet.

3 Likes

Drove my Trampa with direct drive for the first time today. Previously owned a modded chinese mountain board.

Holy crap…the setup is awesome. Absolutely amazing how my throttle handling has changed. I need way less power to achieve the same speed and can just free coast all slopes, where I previously still needed to apply power.

V0.7 difference on my 8km trip to work (off-road).

5 Likes

Gear drive is not direct drive. Direct drive is like Carvon motors or hub motors.

4 Likes

Saw your comment on YouTube :wink: I am aware of the difference, but at least here I will stick with the terminology that Jens gave his product.

3 Likes

So then all I need to do is

1. make cheap hub motor board
  2. call it “belt drive”
  3. profit $

umm no, sorry

Some of us would like to use English to describe things like direct drive systems and have folks know we are not talking about gear drive, specifically because we said “direct drive”. This is what words are for, to differentiate some things from other things.

2 Likes

Point taken, but if you want to bring about change you have to start with the guy offering the product.

Shoot the messenger type of thing.

Unless the messengers are speaking the wrong language :smile:

You have now corrected one messenger. Many more will come. They are all informed by an evil German :sweat_smile:

Yeah i doing bad marketing with this. No one want a fkn hubmotor in a eMTB. So imagine how many i could sell if i name them correct like “Spur Gear Silent Magic Drive”

:sunglasses:

19 Likes

So cool, but when can we expect the Spiral bevel gear solution?:crazy_face:

Of course only for the mini-drive

2 Likes

When will be the “draught beer impregnated weird gear drive” back in stock @Nowind ? :heart_eyes:

1 Like

dont know for sure (-; But some other stuff is back in stock

10 Likes

X05h3Dh

5 Likes

The temptation is REAL :drooling_face:

4 Likes

Haha yeah add some colours to your Life :grinning:

6 Likes

You make super badass functional sk8 art my friend :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Today was “rethink how you installed this drive” day.

Almost all wheel spur gear screws came undone, which in turn caused enough angled force on the motor spur gear to move it sideways, causing it to hit the enclosure. Loctite 603 alone does not appear to be enough to stop sideways motion. Of course, it was still practically impossible to remove the motor spur gear… Bought a bearing remover and pulled it off with force. An hour of fine sand paper and I could slide it back onto the motor. What a shit job.

Jens mentioned using little loctite on these screws holding the hub and the gear together. I recommend using plenty :grin:

Loctide 603 or 638 is not meant as an thread locker… its a adhesive for the pulleys/spurs/sprockets… dont use it on Hubadapters or Housing Screws.

If this 638 stuff comes loose on your Spurgear you could have several issues which cause this:

Dont use old loctide, it gets bad afterwhile… shake the shit before use

If your motorshaft is super polished use some grit to make it a little rough

Use brakecleaner before using Loctide, let brakecleaner complety dry !

Add enough loctide on both shaft and Spur, turn around spur on shaft to bring the stuff everywhere

Let it cure long enough i prefer over night, be aware to make sure it cant run in your motorcan … so place spurside lower then can …and whipe of remaing loctide from shaft/spur…

Dont do in cold or wet garage… better got some temperatures

Dont hesitate to use also the Grubsrew on a flatspot

If you make sure to follow this i hardly can believe that it dont holds up…

Cheers

4 Likes

Wasn’t planning on using 603 on anything other than the motor spur gear. If it happens again I will roughen up the motor axis. I did almost everything else, except for brake cleaner.

Thanks for the tips.

1 Like