E-Toxx Webshop Online

Jenz, I want to use your direct drive on Surfrodz and Bergmeinter wheels, are you planning to develop something for this?

1 Like

Is there any reason to choose the regular over the mini drive, except the larger ratio?

I’m worried 25mph won’t be satisfactory for a top speed with 170kv motors and Urban treads (6.5in) wheels

The step down from 1:5 to 1:4 would give me a top speed of around 31, 32 I think… That’s pretty good :slight_smile:

Would you guys recommend it?

Mini more light plus, just read the description on the etoxx website. It’s all written down.

2 Likes

Regular drive (1:5) is meant for 8" (or 9") wheels and offroad use. With 6.5" you would have too less ground clearance so the mini drive (1:4) is best for 6.5" or gummies or 8" on street builds. If you want to ride in peace and silence go for helicals :grin:

3 Likes

Also, mini I think is limited to 8mm motor shaft.

@Nowind Not sure if its me, but some (50% ish? ) of the link on your website lead back to the main store page, and your Shop>Trampa>Mini Direct Drive link is broken :slight_smile: I want to read more!!! :smiling_imp:

happens on my laptop and phone, windows 10 and Android 8.0.0

If you wanna go with 80mm Motors for example. For most applications i would choose the Mini Gear Box. LIghter, more groundclearence, down to 5inch wheels. And with the 8T Motorspur you get the 1:5 Gearing (-;

Nope you can have 8 or 10 or 12 mm Motorshaft in Mini Drive with 10T Motorspur. ONLY 8T Motorspur is limited to 8mm Motorshaft

For me its working. Not sure if its a generell problem. Not heard from anybody else

3 Likes

Maybe it was isolated, we’ve been having internet issues here for the last few days…

Thanks for the help! Almost certainly going to go for the mini now :slight_smile:

Are different(aside from the ‘regular’ orange, blue, red and black) color options available?

Options in stock : Raw or Black Colour 8 or 10 T Motorspur Helical or Straight Gears 3D-Printet AS5047 Encoder Lid or CNC/POM Lid

1 Like

Gotta do some research on that encoder lid! My motors will have sensors…

E: found this, https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/e-toxx-directdrive-vs-trampa-vesc6-vs-leopard-8072-170kv-vs-nowind/30822/149?u=sn4pz

@Nowind as you mentioned the as5047 encoder, i have one open question to it. Do you recommend to use them with 3.3V or 5V?

1 Like

Ooh as5047 talk. Do they only work withe vesc6 and ESCape without modifying the circuit? No 4.12, focbox or unity?

I used them with 5V, this way you cant destroy them with from Jumper setting on Vesc But better in terms of noise will be 3.3V, but 5V will work great!

Yeah, without mods only Vesc6 HW IMO

2 Likes

Any needs of covering the pcb against damage from water/lubrication? As far as I could read here you only covered the pcb with sugru besides the sensor area right?

1 Like

Yes EXCACT using most famous eboard stuff ever SUGRU :rofl:

3 Likes

:grin: click it!

4 Likes

I’m loving all these etoxx posts you’re making, getting me hype for mine :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thx mate, this kit is siiiiiick AF !!

I have like almost 6 months of delays on this build … but I feel like it’s going to be crazy!!

5 Likes

Hi there,

I start this beautiful blazing sunny day wonderfully well! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

As if it knew the D-day, I received this today :

Stocked by the quality, thanks you a loooooot guys @Nowind & @Duffman for this news gorgeous masterpieces!

(I guess I have to quickly make a rough setup to ride this Drivetrain ASAP now :star_struck: !!!)

Some other funny pic ^^

Frankly, these pieces could stay parked in the collection!

17 Likes

MBS Mini Helical Gear Box

Actually if you dont plan do use Encoders and prefer full CNC Housing K800_P1040432

K800_P1040431

POM Housing and Alloy Lid, also in Black colour

MBS Drive could be also paired with Trampa Hubadapters for use with Superstar Hubs : K800_P1040437

Also we got now some Motorspacer for the step sized 8/10mm Motorshaft, like Torqueboard/Flipsky/etc uses … could be also used to not have the shaft cut down … or just fake Motorlength :sweat_smile:

K800_P1040433

Cheers

16 Likes